1-Unexpected

She groaned in pain as her arm was burning yet again. Rolling onto her back, she pulled her arm up to get the weight off the burning arm. Her blue orbs were fixated on the glowing mark.

She would never get used to this pain. The burn increased as the days go by.

She sighed as the thought crossed her mind.

She switched off the lamp as the light was beginning to bother her. She always loved the dark 'cause when it got dark she could no longer see the evil that she was cursed with.

Her mum called it unique but she saw it as a curse. She recalled her life as a kid, always having to hide and take a lot of precautions. Swimming, camping, and every other thing kids did were prohibited.

She climbed down from her queen size bed, her feet brushing against the soft black carpet as she sauntered to the bathroom.

Pulling off her clothes, she stood naked in front of the huge wall mirror. Dark blue orbs stared right at her. Her eyes were the weirdest part of her. They were the darkest shade of blue with tiny crystals floating in them. She would always tell people that she wore contact lenses.

She pushed back a stray strand of black hair trying to creep into her eyes. She knew how beautiful she was. Light skin, plump red pouty lips, with a petite figure that never failed to draw attention to her. Round perky breasts with a slim yet curvy figure, she sure was blessed with a nice body. However, beauty could not conceal the evil that she was.

She stepped into the hallway after her morning routine. The cold air hit her face generating goosebumps all over her body. It was going to be a cold day. She tightened her scarf, enjoying the warmth it brought.

She walked into the kitchen and poured some cereal into a bowl.

"Good morning, sweetheart." Someone called from behind her.

Her mum, April Mallory was a beautiful woman, who at the age of forty-five didn't look a day over thirty. With black hair that was slowly turning grey with age, April could easily pass as Kathy's biological mother but Kathy knew that was not the case.

"Good morning, mum."

"How bad was it?" Her mum asked.

"Not as bad as the previous day although it lasted longer this time."

The episodes have happened frequently ever since her twenty-first birthday.

April nodded in understanding. "Don't forget to take your pills and grab your coat. I love you, sweetheart."

April kissed Kathy's forehead and left for work.

Kathy left the house after eating in a hurry to get to work. Her job at the diner didn't pay much but it was enough to get by. Entering the diner, she pulled her coat closer silently praying that nothing happened today.

"Hello, Stacy."

Stacy was the head chef who Kathy looked up to.

"How are you today, dear?"

"Good. How are you?"

"I am fine, my dear child."

Kathy shot Stacy a bright smile making the older lady smile back at her. The bell at the front door rang indicating a customer's arrival. Kathy grabbed her apron, pen, and notepad, it was going to be a busy day.

Many customers later, Kathy was exhausted. Her feet were swollen in her boots and all she wanted to do was put her feet up and relax.

"Bri, can you cover for me? I just need to rest awhile."