2- Abomination

Kathy

Kathy's eyes widened in shock, she could not believe what her eyes were seeing. She took in his green orbs with floating crystals, those eyes could hold a lot of answers. His face was well sculptured and defined. Full arched brows, and long lashes that any woman would love to have. His lips were shaped so nicely that cupid's bow would be jealous. He was handsome.

"Your eyes, " they both said at the same time.

"Do you wear contacts?" he asked.

Kathy felt conflicted, she wanted to tell him that she didn't wear contacts but couldn't. He could be wearing contacts and she would tell him that she wasn't then end up being called a freak.

She bobbed her head then threw the question back at him, "Do you?"

He smiled like he knew something she didn't.

"Yes, I do, " he replied.

Disappointment washed over Kathy, she had hoped that finally, she could find someone like her. She shot him a tight-lipped smile which he returned with a knowing grin.

"Would you like to order now?"

He placed his order and she went to get what he had ordered. The longer he spent in the diner, the more her mark tingled. Kathy was worried, her mark was slowly starting to burn. She was scared that it would start glowing and expose her. Normally, it didn't burn during the day. She wondered what could have caused it.

Kathy could feel his eyes on her as she stood behind the counter. His gaze felt heated upon her skin. As he stared at her, her mark kept burning causing her much discomfort.

Finally, he left after eating. She could feel the burn slowly die down. She heaved a sigh of relief, this was becoming unbearable for her. It was already past nine pm, it was past time to close the diner.

"You should consider my offer. I'll treat you like the Princess that you are, " Briana said while cleaning up the table the man just used. She returned earlier from the staff restroom.

Brianna could be a big flirt at times but Kathy loved her all the same. Stacy who was turning over the 'open' sign smacked Brianna on her head, making the latter pout at the older lady.

"Stop bothering Kathy, she is as straight as a pencil. Look for a lesbian to bother, " Stacy scolded Brianna.

"But look at her, she is so hot. A male would not treat her as well as I would. What a waste of good feminine genes." Brianna sulked.

The other two ladies laughed at a pouting Brianna. Kathy loved these women, ever since she started working at the diner, they have always made her feel lighter.

Stacy suddenly got a call from her husband that her son was sick, she had to run home leaving Kathy and Brianna to lock up the diner.

"It's you and me alone, Princess, " Brianna said with a wink. Kathy chuckled, Brianna would never do anything to her.

"What did that man want with you? It looked like you guys were having a heated conversation, " Brianna said all of a sudden.

"He asked about my eyes. That is what most customers notice first about me, " Kathy replied, telling her the truth.

"People can never mind their business. " Brianna rolled her eyes.

Kathy nodded in agreement.

"We should close the diner now before it gets very dark. It's almost eleven pm, " Kathy announced, looking at the sky. The moon looked weird that night. Its usual color was tinged with something else.