25- The Battle I

Lue had called them to the Alpha's office two days after the incident with Luca. Kathy didn't see Luca after Asher warned him. She sat on the same chair she sat in last time, nervously fiddling with her thumbs. 

Would Lue's plan work? She thought worriedly. 

Raven sat opposite her, unusually quiet. Raven was usually the talkative one and his silence made the atmosphere even tenser. Lue had been going his plan again before he would present it to the Alpha. Asher was on his way from a meeting with the elders and he asked them to wait. 

The wait wasn't long as Asher walked in a few minutes later. He sported a frustrated look and his hair looked like he ran his hands through it a few times. Kathy felt warm immediately he entered the room and her nervousness reduced. Her feelings confused her. 

"How did it go, Alpha?" Raven asked as soon as Asher sat down. 

"There were some concerns but I finally got them on our side. Elder Wale needed a little more convincing." Asher's eyes met hers and noticeably brightened. She turned away making him frown. She was scared of how he made her feel. The feelings were unfamiliar and strange.  

"That old man has always been a pain in our rear ends. As long as they all agreed, we can get started." They all nodded at Lue's words. 

Asher let out a deep sigh and got more comfortable. "Tell me all about your plan."

And Lue began to fill them in. 

****

"Now remember, Lunae citizens have colored eyes with moving crystals while the shadow warriors have black soulless eyes," Asher warned. "We move at dawn." 

Raven and Lue bowed and left the room.

Kathy tried to digest everything, making sure she didn't miss an important part of the plan. Lena was smart but Lue's plan was almost flawless. She could only hope that it worked out as easily as Lue said. But from experience in battle with the shadow warriors, Kathy knew that it would not be easy killing people that could not be killed. 

She stood up to leave, not wanting to be alone with Asher.

"Kathy wait!"

She halted in her steps, still not looking at him. 

"Why do you avoid me so?" He asked in a soft tone. 

She didn't reply and only stared at the door in front of her. It wasn't until he stood in her line of sight that she looked at him. His scent tickled her nose in a pleasurable way. He smelled of nature if nature had a smell and hint of cinnamon which reminded her of cinnamon rolls from the diner. Stacy always made them so deliciously. 

"Talk to me, please."

The desperation in his tone made her heart skip a beat. Instantly she turned to him and he smiled.

"What is going on with me? What did you do to me?" She quizzed, plopping onto the chair. He frowned as she moved away from him but she needed space from his overwhelming presence. 

"What do you mean, Jewel? Are you perhaps sick?" 

"Jewel?" That was all she could ask. She had been called many names but not that. 

He smiled. "Your eyes remind me of the precious Sapphire stones and the crystals in your eyes make them sparkle so beautifully." 

She couldn't help the blush that coated her face, traveling down to her neck. 

"I'd like to see how far that blush travels," he spoke in a very deep voice that sounded different from his. 

Her eyes widened in mortification and her blush deepened.