26- The Battle II

"Not cool, Talia," Kathy said, wheezing as Talia hit her with the butt of her sword when she wasn't looking. Bodies were thrown all over the place. Kathy had not seen Lena or Calypso yet but Aerial and Triton had joined the fight. Thanks to the wolves ripping off the limbs of the warriors, when they are awakened, their bodies could not do much damage as they were disabled. The sword Kathy snatched from the man was bloodied and so were her clothes but she didn't care. So far, there were only a dozen losses from Lunae and the pack. The palace warriors and elementals joined the fight. The shadow warriors in the palace had reduced to a little over fifty. From what Kathy knew, Lena dispersed them all over the colonies so there were more of them all over the kingdom. 

"You got better, Princess," Kathy smirked and blocked another strike coming her way. Talia kept on coming at Kathy with her sword and Kathy blocked the hits as best as she could. Kathy delayed killing Talia, she wanted her to burn badly for stabbing her the last time. Kathy then got an idea. She knew Talia would want to exploit any weakness she could. The wolves could handle the rest of the warriors, Kathy needed to deal with Talia and then look for Lena. 

"You wanna go hand to hand? Sword's getting boring," Kathy said, hoping that Talia would agree. 

Talia grinned, probably seeing it as an opportunity to finish Kathy off. 

"I don't see why not, Princess." 

Kathy flung her sword to the ground and Talia did the same. Kathy recalled Cynthia's teachings. Everything could serve as fuel to a fire elemental. She just needed to injure Talia enough to bleed heavily. 

Talia fisted a black orb in her hand. Kathy smirked, of course, her power was dark magic. 

"You don't play fair, do you?" Kathy asked, circling her. 

"Fair is boring."

Kathy made a rope of fire and wrapped it around her wrist. Luckily, her element could not hurt her else her wrist would be burning. She called that a flame rope and it was her favorite. 

Talia made the first move by firing the orb at Kathy who flogged the blast away using the tail of her flame rope. Kathy flung the rope at Talia who rolled out of the way, thinking that Kathy wanted to whip her but the rope wrapped around Talia's leg. Kathy pulled the rope, causing Talia to fall to the ground. 

"You didn't tell me that we are playing jump the rope," Talia let out, gasping for air. She quickly scrambled to her feet. Kathy saw the burn mark on her leg and smiled internally. She needed to make more injuries and make Talia bleed more. 

Talia lunged at Kathy with a bigger orb in hand and Kathy put out her rope and set both her hands on fire. They battled for what seemed like forever. Both women were tired and wounded. Talia sported a limp and some visible burns and Kathy, a nasty gash on her arm. 

Kathy felt like Talia had been injured enough, it was time to finish her off. She called out to her flames and sent them to Talia. 

"This is for stabbing me," Kathy announced with a grin as Talia's eyes widened in shock and pain. The flames caught Talia's injuries, licking the blood in them and then traveling into her veins to dry up the blood in her body. Kathy had mastered commanding the flames to do her bidding. Kathy watched with a smile as Talia screamed in agony, the flames slowly draining her of her blood without burning her entire body. Once Kathy saw she had been tortured to her satisfaction, she let the flames burn her to ashes. 

It was time to get Lena. 

"That was one of the most gruesome kills I have ever seen. The smile you had on was one of satisfaction. I have to admit, it turned me on. My Wolf thought you looked hot with blood all over you," Asher said as he walked up to her, making her blush. The shadow magicians in the palace were all dead and the wolves swept the castle, sniffing around for any other shadow magician. They had won the first phase of the battle.