24- Brother Trouble

When Kathy opened her eyes, she realized she was in an unfamiliar room. It was too plain to be hers. She could smell herbs burning making her realize that she was probably in a healer's room. She walked to the window and looked down. She could see children playing outside and some women talking. The men were larger so she assumed that she was in a wolf pack. The air was chilly outside, the pack was still in winter while Lunae had just left winter. She felt air entering some parts of her body and looked down to see that she was still in her torn clothes of yesterday. 

"You are awake." She gasped at the voice and turned back. It was Alpha king Asher standing at the door. His grey eyes scanned her body, possibly for visible injuries. It was the same pair of eyes she saw before passing out. 

She stared at his mouth, his fangs were not visible. Those fangs viciously tore into the border guard. Weirdly she wasn't afraid of him, no matter how much she wanted to. Even when she stared at his arms that looked large enough to kill. 

"I won't hurt you," he said in a low voice. "I would never hurt you," he added like an afterthought. 

'I know,' she wanted to reply but nodded instead. What was wrong with her? 

"I didn't let anyone but the healer see you as I didn't want the news reaching the dark queen," he told her and she nodded again in gratitude. 

"You must feel uncomfortable in those dirty clothes." 

She looked down at her toes, feeling ashamed of how she looked in front of him. 

"Here," he said and she looked up to see a white shirt in his hand. She took it and went to the bathroom. She changed quickly and washed her legs, arms, and face with water to get rid of some of the dirt. 

He growled as soon as she neared him. 

"What's with all the growling?" She asked without thinking then gasped and slapped her mouth shut. 

"My clothes…" he growled out, staring at her.

"Oh!" She frowned. "You don't want me in them? Then why did-" she wasn't able to complete her sentence when he let out a low growl. 

"No, they look good on you," he said, staring at the wall beside him. He was embarrassed. She bit back a smile. 

"Come with me to my office, we have to talk," he said then led her out of the room. They walked through a hallway containing many rooms. He told her they were in the packhouse and that was the Alpha's floor. 

There were two men in his office when they got there. Alpha Asher introduced them as his Beta and Gamma. Beta Raven was a huge man with brown hair. He was heavily built and had a playful look on his face. While Gamma Lue was the more serious one. He was slightly shorter than the Alpha and Beta but he was just as large. 

"I thought fire elementals were supposed to look fiery with red hair and face," Beta Raven said to her with a teasing smirk on his face. 

"And I thought Beta's were smart, Rave but I guess we are both wrong," Gamma Lue said, rolling his eyes. 

"Hey!" Beta Raven exclaimed, seeming offended. 

"Face it, Rave, you have the brain of a Pigeon, not a Raven," Gamma Lue said and the stupefied look on Beta Raven's face made Kathy burst into laughter. She couldn't remember the last time she laughed. 

"I'm glad my embarrassment amused you. You were looking so sad earlier so we decided to lighten things up," Beta Raven told her and she smiled. "I am Beta Raven, Beta of the Royal Wolf Pack but pretty ladies like you call me Raven," he said with a wink and she blushed.