4- Lunae

Kathy left the house for a walk. She decided to take the road least used. She didn't want to be around a lot of people. She called in sick and decided not to work at the dinner for that day. All she wanted to do was be alone with her thoughts and hopefully, nothing goes wrong. She walked down to the beach. This was one of the days when the beach was almost empty. One would think that she was crazy for coming to the beach fully clothed but she had no choice.

She sat on the sand and pulled off her boots. She raised her pants legs and dipped her feet into the water, sighing as the cooling sensation registered in her brain. She shut her eyes, trying to protect her sight from the sun. She enjoyed the silence and coolness until someone stood over her, blocking sunlight from her face. Her blue eyes shot open, she squinted her eyes which were blurry since she had been in the sun for a while.

"Having fun?"

It was from Gabriel. How did he get there?

"Why do I feel like you are stalking me?"

He chuckled, then sat beside her. Kathy looked over the sea. Sometimes she wondered how vast the ocean is and how deep it goes. She felt like jumping into the sea and floating off to nowhere in particular.

"Do you ever feel like disappearing?"

"Disappearing?"

"Yeah. Like drifting into space, gliding away from everything and everyone."

He shook his head. "No. I wouldn't know what that feels like."

Kathy nodded. "Of course. It's just me being weird again."

"Probably not, " he said.

However, Kathy knew better. She was weird and nothing could change it.

"So, I did promise to answer your questions. Here I am, hit me."

"Where is your mark?" she blurted out without hesitation.

He smiled, as though he has been expecting the question.

"It is on my back."

Kathy paused before asking the next question. She wondered if it would be awkward to ask.

"Can I see it?"

He teasingly wiggled his brows a few times making Kathy blush in embarrassment.

"Maybe in bed, " he joked and Kathy blushed harder making him laugh at her embarrassment.

"Tell me what we are."

His face turned serious at her request.

"Later, Kathy. The rest of your questions would be answered later."

"Why not now?"

"I am bound by silence on this realm. Meet me tonight behind the Airis tower by eight pm."

She wore a confused frown on her face. What realm?

"Why? What do you mean?"

"On the night when the moon is at its highest, the veil between the realms would be thin and the door shall open."

He got her even more confused. Veil? Realms? What on earth's name was he talking about?

Green eyes stared at her, silently pleading for her to agree.

Kathy recalled the last words of the voice from her dreams–Green holds the key. Could she have been talking about his eyes? No, that would be weird.

Kathy nodded slowly. She had no other choice. The answers were all she needed. If she had waited for thirteen years to get them, what are a few more hours?