30- Coronation Day

The elders, Oracle, council members, royals, and some other people stood in the throne room watching Ayla and waiting for her to start the ceremony. She stared at them, wondering how they would take what she decided.

"I found my mate, a Wolf," she announced, watching for their reaction.

"That's wonderful. High ranking or an unranked wolf?" An elder asked.

"High ranking," she replied turning to stare at her father who nodded in encouragement. She told him about her plan earlier which he tried to talk her out of but when he saw her points, he agreed but she had to convince the elders and council members.

"Then he can come with you to Lunae. We will perform the bonding ceremony as soon as possible," Elder Warren said.

"He can't come," she told them.

"Why can't he?" Asked councilman Kale, glaring at her as always.

"He is Alpha King Asher."

The people started talking amongst themselves at that statement. She kept quiet and let them talk. Her eyes went to Triton who stood beside her father, frowning heavily. She wondered how his discussion with Asher went.

"What is your plan then, Princess? He won't leave his pack for you and you have to take over the throne of Lunae as soon as you are mated," another elder pointed out.

"She has no option but to reject him," councilman Kale stated insensitively, making Aerial glare at him.

Ayla had to stay calm as she saw her mother do. Even though she wanted to lash at him for even thinking that, let alone suggesting it. Hala was calm even in the most difficult situations and she wanted to do the same.

She took in a deep breath."I won't reject my mate."

''What then will you do, Princess?" Elder Della asked.

Ayla turned to the Oracle who stared at her with her ever knowing look on her face.

"I will go with my mate to his pack."

Angry and disappointed voices followed her statement. She could feel the anger from the councilmen and elders making her sigh tiredly. She could already see the discussion going sour.

She turned to stare at the throne, wondering if she was making the right decision.

"Let her finish!" Aerial yelled over the noise but they ignored him and Ayla frowned.

Aerial scowled and yelled again, this time with more authority. "Let. Her. Finish!"

The noise then reduced to whispers before disappearing altogether.

"I know you must be disappointed, angry, and annoyed by my decision but try to understand that Asher is my mate, the one I was born to be with, to love, and to care for, then you will see why I have to go with him."

"What then happens to Lunae?" Elder Warren asked.

"Lunae will be left in more capable hands. Someone who knows more about politics, battle strategies, and ruling the kingdom than I do."

"And who might that be?" A councilwoman asked.

Ayla turned to the person and everybody's eyes followed her.

"My elder brother, Triton," she announced, causing an uproar of voices, mostly about how men aren't supposed to rule Lunae. Triton stared at her with wide eyes.

'That is the craziest idea I have ever heard. Why didn't you tell me first?' He asked her through the mind-bond.

'I knew you would not accept my decision and I'm sorry, I should have told you.'