45. Heart Talks

(Pic credits to the rightful owner)

The night was deep and dark. Everyone was sleeping. Silence engulfed the pack. Taehyung was in deep slumber. The head alpha was looking at his mate fondly.

It's been like this. Taking care of Taehyung and the pack, alpha Jungkook rarely sleeps. He tugs his mate to sleep and after that, he opens his files to work.

The silence is enough for Jungkook to work late at night. Nowadays, Taehyung sleeps very late. Jungkook was worried about that. But, he always stays next to his mate and pats his hair, lulls him to sleep. Then he goes to work.

When Taehyung opens his eyes, he can feel the warmth of his mate. But he always thought Jungkook sleeps with him. In fact, the head alpha stops his work and lay next to his mate so that when Taehyung opens his eyes the omega won't miss him. Yeah, no words.

But today, Jungkook felt something different. He sat on the bed, caressing Taehyung's face. He didn't want to work tonight. Neither wants to sleep. He wants to watch his mate, his perfect scenery.

"My baby..."

The alpha whispered and kissed Taehyung's cheek. He was being very careful to not wake up Taehyung. He smiled lightly at Taehyung's red cheeks.

Jungkook took Taehyung's hand in his and caressed it with his thumb like it's a fragile thing.

"You're so beautiful, pup.

You're so kind, even you're sick and tired, you think about me. The way you care about me, no one does.

I'm thankful that you're my mate. Tae, I don't know what will I do without you.

I know it's very hard for you to go through this. But don't worry. I'm here, my love.

We will together win this and raise our pups. Oops- pup."

The alpha giggled soundlessly. Oh, how much he loves pups. Well, coming back to the point, Jungkook pecked Taehyung's nose and touched his eyelashes. The flawless skin sparkles under the dim light of the room.

"The things you do to me, my moon love"

Jungkook whispered. His eyes never leaving the omega's face.

"I don't know if I'd ever get a chance to say this. But...

A huge part of me changed after you came into my life.

Because you taught me what it's to be in love and to be loved.

I don't know if I can ever return that to you... But I want to tell you, even the world ends and the sky collapse, I would still choose you as my mate.

It's you, my love. It's always you...

I... I'm in love, Taehyung. I'm in love with the most beautiful person on the planet. I'm in love with an ethereal human, I'm in love with the most gentle, caring, and strong omega.

I'm in love with you, Taehyung...

Even before we met, I was in love with you.

I love you, my moon love..."

Tears rolling down his cheeks. He was crying. Jungkook didn't want to stop himself. But he suppressed because he didn't want to wake Taehyung up either. His soft lips prepped Taehyung with feather-like kisses.

After controlling himself, Jungkook moved closer to Taehyung's belly. He caressed the skin and kissed there. Smile creeping on his lips as he thought about his pup. Oh, Goddess, he can't wait to hold his baby's little hands in his.