47. Blooming Eves

The head alpha sat on the bed next to his sleeping mate. Taehyung's eyes closed and lips formed into a baby pout like always. Jungkook unknowingly smiled at his mate.

His fingers running through his mate's soft locks and the alpha kissed on Taehyung's forehead. Something eating his head now. But he's thankful that he can sit near his mate. He kept the promise.

Taehyung opened his eyes when he felt his alpha's presence. His blue eyes glancing at his alpha. Jungkook passed his bunny smile and Taehyung smiled back. He snuggled closer to Jungkook's arms.

Jungkook lay down next to Taehyung. He looked straight at the male. Caressing mate's soft cheek, the alpha let himself out. Tears running through his cheeks. Taehyung wiped it and pecked Jungkook's cheek and then eyelashes. He pulled the alpha closer into a hug.

"I'm sorry..."

Jungkook whispered. He didn't know what else to say. Taehyung wiped the tearstains from his face.

"No. It's not your fault. Don't worry, I'm fine."

Taehyung said with a smile. Jungkook inhaled sharply.

"I'm a bad alpha. I should've to end him. But---

Beakhyun is pregnant. He carries the pup inside. And----"

Jungkook said in between sobbing. He let down Taehyung. His mate was expecting the death of the male. But, Jungkook couldn't do it.

"Beakie Hyung is what??

Is he? Really?"

Taehyung asked. Jungkook nodded. He cried hard. Just because of Beakhyun and the unborn pup, he let down Taehyung. Or at least that's what he thought.

"Jungkookie...

You couldn't finish Chanyeol because of that?"

Taehyung asked. His alpha was crying hard in his arms. And Taehyung hated that.

"I don't know Tae... Beakhyun and his unborn pup... Somehow reminded me of you... I should've finished that jerk. I shouldn't have thought so much emotionally. He hurt you. He deserves---"

"He deserves a second chance."

Taehyung said, wiping Jungkook's tears. The alpha was dumbfounded.

"You did that because you know if I'm in Beakhyun's place, how hard it will be for me, for our pup, without you.

"You and I, we both know how it is without a father. You and I are gone through those days where we missed our father's strong and safe hands around us. We can't do that to anyone else. You know it's an eternal pain to steal that warmth from a pup.

And for Beakie... He went through a lot. But still, that jerk is his mate. Father of his child. He loves his mate. Beakhyun will never forgive you if you had done that.

Don't be sorry. I'm not mad at you.

I'm actually proud of you, my bunny alpha.

The courage and great heart you've are not something to be neglected. You're very kind and generous, Jungkook.

I agree Chanyeol is a speck of dirt. But taking him away from his pup is not the solution. Moon Goddess will definitely teach him a lesson. He will suffer.

Let's not think about it right now. I'm happy that you're here with me now. You're with us. Our pup missed you. I missed you."

Taehyung said. Now the omega was tearing up and Jungkook pulled him closer and tightened the hold. He kissed his mate's hair and forehead. Taehyung inhaled his favorite lavender.