• FIVE •

Taehyung's pov,

30 minutes had passed, I wasn't sure what I understood so far. The teacher was continually speaking with a symmetrical voice; similar to the buzzing sound of a bee. No wonder it made the human beside me sleep so soundly.

Just like I had seen in their broadcast, the classroom was the same. Desks, chairs, high ceiling and a big blackboard. Sitting in the corner was, in my opinion, the best; I could see everyone's heads but they couldn't see mine. The professor barely looked up from his books, and when he did, the other heads bent down over their books.

This was exactly what I dreamed of. One day I would be surrounded by humans, but nobody would notice me.

Humans, the smartest living creatures on this planet, were much different than they were shown on TV. From what I'd seen so far, they were more rude than kind, more selfish than sympathetic. Conservative and rule-bound. They like their work, but not more than money. Did their duties, only to gain something in return. But their selfishness made them creative. They were, to be practical, a lot more experimental than us.

My mind wandered to five days ago, when our ship landed in a lone forest somewhere near North Korea. The ship was designed to dig soil and hide itself inside the ground like a rabbit. A slim stick-like radioactive transmitter was the only thing that could be visible from the outside. It would send our collected information to the hacked satellite, and through the satellite BT would send us instructions. It was beneficial for us that our codes were too complex to identify by human computers.

Reaching here, breathing the earth's air, I felt overjoyed. I had been waiting for months, actually it felt like I'd been waiting my whole life to be here. Everything BT lacked was here. Water, snow, greens, more life, more colours, birds chirping over the trees, butterflies, flowers so fresh, so beautiful. I didn't know why the people of earth craved heaven when they were literally living there.

Shooky and I took a train to reach Seoul, where other teammates went to different locations in pairs or alone. The train journey was awesome, as I got to see beautiful Korean landscapes, the top towers and high flags of the palaces, small and tidy stations, with a glimpse of everyday life of humans.

The city of Seoul was an exhilarating experience; people wearing fashionable clothes, jewelry, shoes, colourful vehicles, neon lights, zebra crossing, couples holding hands while walking on them. So animated. So energetic.

But I didn't like the food here. They were spicy and indigestible. So we had only fruits and nuts, and some boiled vegetables like carrots, potatoes and beans.

Shooky bought some cheap clothes, cheap toiletries with the limited money he brought with him. Because of our size differences, I could not wear his clothes and he didn't want to wear mine. Good for me. I could get to wear colours instead of his boring black and white option.

For the first time in my life I bathed in a pool. Yes. The feeling I wasn't able to describe. Drizzling cool water everywhere splashing over my wet skin, tickling inside my earlobe. I was having so much fun. I sprawled my arms and legs like starfish, tried to swim like humans while hearing the sound of the water. Aah!

I just couldn't wait to go back to that pool again.

"Now open your notebooks and note this down.'' -the professor's voice snapped me back from the memory lane. I looked up and found him drawing something over the big blackboard on the wall. He added, "This is important for your next semester. If you don't want to fail, practice this well."

This was important! Got it. I needed to note this down.

I fished out my notebook from my little bag(I didn't have books, yet), and a pencil. But what should I do with this human beside me? He was going to fail the exam! Poor soul. I sighed and snapped my attention back to the diagram on the board.