• EIGHTEEN •

Taehyung's POV, 

It was the first time I had taken a complex earthy beverage that my stomach couldn't digest, but left a whirlwind feeling inside. If Jungkook wasn't there to help me out of that place, I might have made myself more embarrassed in front of everyone including him.

Amidst all it always had to be Jungkook to witness my vulnerability. 

I knew I was looking like the male version of Marge Simpson with messy blue hair all over my forehead. The leftover alcohol sent my blood rushing to my skin, mostly on my face. The soreness in my throat made me sound like a donkey in pain. If that wasn't worse my tongue, losing control, uttering nonsense my mind couldn't get hold of. I was literally clinging to him like a baby monkey clings to his mother, seducing him shamelessly. 

Can anyone believe I had just asked him to kiss me? 

Like a serious lip to lip movie type kiss which I despised all this time because of those ugly bacterias getting inside one's mouth along with saliva! And when he said 'We shouldn't', a mild heartache overcomed me. My face mimicked my heart, miserable. 

Thus being rejected I felt like I should bury my head in a self-digged burrow. 

  "Go away." Despite being ashamed, I let my anger take over. I clearly told him that I was sulky and he should leave me alone, though he didn't and  the moment he said sorry to me, passed me that heart melting smile, butterflies started fluttering again inside my empty stomach, all the alcohol that were running through my blood vaporised and I found myself terribly alert, however I kept my expression flat.

He slid off the couch hearing some mixed noises of boys and girls coming from the other room, my body missing the warmth already but too shy to ask him to stay with me longer. 

  "Let me go and check." He told me, "Stay here for the time being."

  "I'm going with you." The dizziness couldn't prevent me from getting up on my feet. Actually the thought of him leaving me here alone made me more dizzy. 

Following him out the door, I reached the other room just beside the previous room, found the door was wide open and Jennie was talking, more like shouting at someone. As we walked in we saw the person was none other than the boy Jennie acquainted us as her brother. 

  "Do you realise what you've done?" She said in a hushed voice. 

  "Why is this bothering you so much? It wasn't even framed." Jennie's brother was still half-naked, fair, tall but skinny to the point bones showed through the skin. He was holding the slim beer can like before but the first time I noticed a cactus tattoo over his bamboo-stem thigh. He overlooked us like a ghost of wind and continued talking with his sister. The rest of his friends were just behind him, listening to the argument without interacting. 

  "That's not the problem, but you." Jennie's voice rose, "I told you to stay away from my room."

My eyes averted around, checking the room quickly; natural daylight through the big windows brightened the canvases and easels at the other side of the room where the boys were standing, a modern piano occupying the left corner and Jennie's keyboard instrument was placed atop a stand just beside it. I assumed this was her art room. 

  "I was here to search for my chameleon." Jennie's brother shrugged, raising his brows, "By the way have you seen my baby?" 

  "I'm tired of your silly excuses, James. If you were here for that stupid chameleon, why did you have to put your hands on my gifts and the painting my best friend gifted?"