Chapter 1

[Book made after extended research with the intention to portray realistic events. If something in this work doesn't correspond with the actual reality, it is specifically written to fit the given plot of the book]

[As a precaution, please DO NOT try any of the methods listed in this book]

[Mind the trigger warnings and read at your own risk!]

Enjoy!

A few kilometers away from Daegu town, burning under the scorching July sun, cuddled one of the few Korean Military Bases located in the country. Heavily armed guards stood on a post in every corner, cautious eyes observed the bright blue horizon as the liveliness in the atmosphere rose more than it had ever done in the past few tense months. Military aircrafts departed and landed every few minutes, bringing back and taking away new groups of soldiers and cargo with other important necessities.

It was a big day for everyone working at the base. It had been a few long and nerve-wracking days of anticipating the return of the battalion sent to a dangerous mission in the west of Asia. Rumors that they had successfully defeated the opponent without losing a single man already spread from mouth to mouth faster than light, but none knew exactly what had happened back there and if there was any truth to that.

A sudden roar of plane engines gathered soldiers, guards, and personnel at the runway, having them look up through the blindingly bright sun towards the still miniature-looking machine, which appeared to get bigger and closer with every passing second. The screeching sound of its wheels against the heated asphalt as it finally hit the hard land echoed through the air.

The personnel rushed towards it once they successfully stopped at the runway, waiting for the big back doors to finally open. The platform lowered down, revealing a big group of soldiers who quickly jumped from the plane, thankful to finally be in their homeland. Cheerful shouts and loud clapping of hands boomed in the air in their honor. Everyone was ecstatic to count as many soldiers as they have sent away a week ago. They had not lost a single man.

Everyone greeted and congratulated them for the success until the battalion suddenly received a command to get in formation. Dropping their bags on the ground, they quickly took their places. Their deep voices and the hard thumping sounds of their thick leather boots echoed in unison through the air as they marched their way ahead, stomping over the hot asphalt layed on the outside open field. A pair of cold brown eyes observed their every step from afar.

"Halt!" commanded Lieutenant Colonel Lalisa Manoban once the formation reached a place of standing right in front of her. The soldiers turned to face her in ideal harmony, straightening their bodies and locking their heels in a perfect angle.

"Welcome back home, boys! It had been a tough week but we successfully achieved our goal thanks to your hard work and persistence throughout those important days. We should be proud of ourselves that even after days of hard battling with the enemy, we didn't lose a single part of our team and proved our great skills and loyalty towards our beloved country. There will be many more dangerous missions, just like this one, in the future and I hope you can keep up your high spirit and bravery so we can prove our place in the Korean military much further. Now, I know we all are impatient to go back home and meet our family, friends, and loved ones so I won't be keeping you here any longer. Take a good rest and be ready for the next upcoming challenge. You can be sure that all your hard work will be rewarded, very soon..." she said with as much confidence as she could muster with her head held high, trying to mask her tiredness and her thoughts of finally cuddling in her silky bed sheets.

Before she could continue her speech, from the corner of her eye she noticed a fairly familiar tall figure making its way towards her and her battalion. "Attention!" she commanded the soldiers. They completely stilled their bodies, with hands straight along the trouser seams, feet pointed out at a forty-five-degree angle, and head and eyes forward.