Chapter 13

Jennie reached her hand over slowly and glazed the thin vines with her fingertips, feeling the moist and smooth texture of the plant on her burned and dirty skin. She pierced the natural curtain with her hand and pulled it apart like the doors to heaven before stepping ahead, Lisa trailing close behind. A loud pair of gasps echoed around the jungle as they were finally met with an absolutely magical view coming directly out of a fairy tale.

In the distance on the left was situated a beautifully formed forest waterfall surrounded by more sets of thin vines and other thick vibrant green vegetation. As it fell, its cool contents gathered into a water basin with light blue colored waters cleaner than glass before it parted into a stream that descended the forest. The coast was coated with big and small rocks before it slowly transitioned into soil and continued towards the overgrown jungle itself.

Jennie and Lisa froze as they watched the oasis of their dreams play right in front of their eyes. The thing they went through so much for was finally into their possession, for them to rule and inhabit, to find safety. Lisa stepped ahead, crunching small stones under her tired feet, as her mouth hung open by the gorgeousness of the place.

"Wow" she breathed out.

"Wow, indeed" Jennie nestled next to her.

"I can't believe it's actually real, we really found it"

"We need to settle here for some time. I don't think I can continue further in this state"

Lisa turned to Jennie. "Are you okay?"

The brunette shook her head. "My heart is still racing, my hands and legs are shaking, I'm completely exhausted - both mentally and physically. I need rest. Please, at least for today" Jennie hung her head low.

Lisa ran her eyes down her body carefully, noticing how her arms and legs shifted violently under her thin clothes, the woman's breathing was also accelerated which only further proved her words to be true. Lisa nodded and dropped the bag on the rocks.

"Okay, let's find suitable materials for another hut and fire before we do anything else"

They parted ways through the jungle once again in a search of wood and leaves, also taking their time to explore the perimeter for anything else that could be beneficial for their easier survival. The vegetation turned out to be significantly thicker than the place where they spent their first nights, which additionally hampered their steps and added to the time wasted in searching.

On the way, Lisa was able to catch a glimpse of a few new bushes that grew more of the berries they ate for dinner the night before and a few other small terrestrials who would come as a great help for their tired and starved bodies and minds. She made sure to remember to find a suitable long stick and make herself another spear that would help with the hunting later on.

After more than an hour of continuous searching, going back to the camp to unload, and walking through the woods again for more, they were finally able to gather material similar to the sizes and amounts used for their previous temporary home. Jennie followed Lisa's instructions for building again, adding some of the things she remembered herself on top of everything.

The brunette took up the task to start the fire next. She gathered all the tinder and thin sticks in one place, piled them up, and used her previous technique with the fire stick she slowly started to master. As she worked on their only heat source for the slowly upcoming freezing night, Lisa sat at the side and changed the bandages of her wounded arm again. The cut was healing more than perfectly despite being non-professionally stitched up, and she couldn't be happier about that good news.

"How is it?" Jennie asked when she noticed Lisa inspecting the wound.

"Definitely getting better. I think I probably should try to remove the brace already. It's hampering a lot of my movements"