Chapter 4

[TW/ gruesome details.
Can be disturbing for some]

Lisa's tired eyes fluttered open slowly under the blazing Brazilian sun once she was finally pulled out of a state of unconsciousness. Her pupils dilated as they caught a glimpse of its blinding light from in between her thin eyelids. She quickly noticed the feeling of her limp and heavy body, as if the gravity had multiplied by thousands and forced it down against her will. Its every cell screamed in pain, feeling like she was being ripped apart slowly and torturously.

A quiet groan left her chapped parted lips when an unusually strong headache registered into her dizzy and disoriented mind. Her throat felt dry and sandpaper-like, stripping down pieces of her raw flesh every time she tried to swallow down the pain, but nonetheless - she was alive.

The thought of surviving such a fierce plane crash brought a barely noticeable smile to her lips. She was strong, she was a fighter and she still had the chance to fulfill the promise she made to her old man years ago - to try and somehow fill the void he left after his death and lead the аrmу with great leadership. The thought of that pushed her desire to stay alive and escape this natural prison at any cost.

Lisa's attention was caught by a slight distant movement above her head as she let her eyes adapt to the newly found light. The atmosphere around her was strangely quiet. The melodic sound of birds chipping gave her a strange sense of calmness and prevented her mind from drowning in the situation she currently found herself in, defusing the upcoming panic completely.

Lisa blinked a few times until her vision got back to normal. All she could see above herself was the clear blue sky peaking between the slightly blurred movements of the jungle leaves dancing along with the slow chill breeze. The curiosity got the best of her. She had no idea where she exactly was and what was going to happen from now on.

She wanted to stand up and take in her surroundings, but a sharp pain shot through her body once she tried to move and pulled her back to the ugly reality. Her face twisted in agony as a loud groan escaped her lips. The panic finally made its way to her when she thought of the possibility of her spine being broken or severely injured to the point where she could no longer move. What was she doing to do then?

She tried to move parts of her body and check if the biggest nightmare that could happen to her while being stuck in a desolated jungle was a fact. Firstly, she tried moving her fingers and wrists, then she proceeded to her arms, making sure all the movements were as gentle as possible. Next, she moved on to her toes and ankles, after which she tried lifting her legs from her hips upwards. Lastly, she moved her head and neck.

She groaned slightly with every single movement. Her muscles felt stiff and wounded, ready to give her up at any given second. However, there was a particular spot on her left bicep that stood out amongst the rest. The pain in that area felt worse than anything she had ever experienced. It was probably broken or severely dislocated, she wasn't sure. But for what she was indeed sure was that this journey wasn't going to be an easy one.

Without pushing herself too much, slowly and carefully, Lisa was able to sit herself up and check out the damages her body received. Everything was going fairly well for the given situation. First and foremost, she was well and alive, mostly, and second - her back wasn't shattered broken like she was expecting. Excluding the aching muscles, she could move her limbs freely.

How could she be so lucky?

She knew the chances to survive after such an accident were very slim. There had been so many times in which she had heard about fallen aircrafts after which there were no survivors left whatsoever. For the first time ever she thanked her father for being such a stubborn asshole who didn't let her join him in the grave until she had fulfilled her duty completely. She slightly chuckled at the thought.