Chapter 2

It had been two long days since Lisa got back home in Korea. Her daily time consisted mostly of the comfort of her apartment, laying on the king-sized bed all day long and sleeping, or binge-watching a few seasons of the typical cliché romantic TV shows with a bowl of spicy noodles or a cup of hot chocolate milk in hand.

Her phone suddenly rang on the bedside table, pulling her attention away from the dramatic kissing scene from the movie playing on the screen. She groaned as she reached her long arms over to pick up the small device.

For the past couple of days, she received more phone calls than she had ever gotten in her life and that already made her despise her bubbly ringtone, which, by the way, didn't exactly suit her cold and strict lieutenant persona.

Friends from all over the world, family members, even relatives she barely knew all reached out to her, all asking the same annoying questions. Lisa rolled her eyes to herself every single time she heard them, already tired of reciting the same speech about her time abroad over and over again to everyone separately.

She finally picked up the phone without looking at the caller, eyes still glued to her TV, totally uninterested in anything happening during the call.

„Hello?" she said, bored, ready to hear out the next person who dared to contact her.

„Hi, Lis. How are you?“ she was happily greeted with a voice that, unlike the other old and raspy ones of mostly elderly people, was high and cheerful and so familiar that it made her smile brightly.

„Hi, Rosie,“ Lisa said cheerfully „I‘m fine. Just laying down and taking some rest after the trip“ she reached to pause the movie.

„Oh, I am disturbing you? I‘m so sorry“ Rosé said apologetically. She always tend to worry about everything to do with the lieutenant, especially when there was a chance of interrupting her rest. Nonetheless, Rosé was still her crazy other half and one of the most important people in her life, and Lisa loved her with her whole heart.

„No, don‘t worry. You could never disturb me. I‘m glad to hear you, actually“ Lisa said, thinking about how good it felt to hear from her again after so long.

„Me too. It‘s been what...more than a week since we last spoke? I missed you“

„I missed you too, Rosie. What are you doing right now?“

„Nothing much. I was just calling to hear how you are doing and maybe ask you out for a quick cup of coffee. I thought we could catch up but now I don't want to disturb your relaxation time"

Lisa chuckled at her cuteness. „It's really fine. We can meet if you are still up for it. I've been stuck alone at home for the past two days so I can use some fresh air and good company" Lisa said as she kicked the blanket away from her body with her feet, holding her empty bowl of noodles with one hand and her phone with the other, and made her way towards the kitchen.

„Great then. Let's meet at the café around the corner in twenty. You have a lot to tell me about" Rosé's excited voice said.

„Sure“ Lisa chuckled, knowing she couldn‘t escape repeating her story at least once more. „I‘ll be there soon“

„Okay, Lis. See you later“

„See you later, Rosie“

Lisa hung up the phone, threw it on the marble kitchen counter, and took a few deep breaths before swiftly launching herself towards the sink and washing her dishes with the speed of light. After making sure everything is clean enough, she rushed towards her bedroom and quickly raided her wardrobe.