Chapter 5

[TW/ gruesome details.
Can be disturbing for some]

"Lisa...?"

The lieutenant stood stunned by the sound of her name being called out from the stranger's mouth. How did she know her? Have they met before? Lisa asked herself before blinking her eyes rapidly, trying to erase the tears that had gathered up from the earlier stitching.

She slowly took in the woman's worn-out appearance, sliding her curious eyes from her torso wrapped in a tight baby blue crop top, down to her toned legs tucked into a pair of black pants. Her face was covered with long traces of dark soot and smeared dirt, her lower lip was cut and bleeding on the side and her once neatly done hair was now a brown disheveled mess on top of her head. Her brown eyes glistened with unshed tears and terrifying fear, and maybe a slight hint of relief as they stared back at Lisa's. Her small hands shook on the sides of her petite and fragile body.

The brunette felt fairly familiar in a way but Lisa just couldn't put a finger on it. Given her social status all the way back home, it wasn't really surprising that the woman knew her. Hell, everyone had heard the name Lalisa Manoban at least once in their lives. She was constantly reported by the Korean news sites and channels, publicly praised by military higher-ups, and watched by millions of people behind the screens on the day of her awarding ceremony.

However, even with all the publicity, she was getting, Lisa never looked at herself as a celebrity. She never wanted to be one. Her dreams were far more simple yet honorable. She felt good being locked in her father's shadow all these years, but everything changed the moment he left her. Now all eyes were pointed at her and the expectations weighing on her shoulders were more than she could carry - one mistake and everything was going to hell.

Lisa stared at the woman for a long minute, trying to decide why she looked at her like they have shared their most intimate moments together, why her mere presence was enough to make her heart clench painfully and eyes tear up all over again. Before Lisa could continue her train of thoughts, a loud gasp escaped the unknown woman's chapped lips.

"Oh my God, what happened to you?!" The brunette exclaimed as her widening eyes glued to the bleeding wound on Lisa's arm.

The lieutenant was finally pulled out of her little trance and remembered that she had far more important business to take care of than to stare at the weirdly attractive stranger. She looked down at her arm again.

"I pulled out a piece of metal from in here," she nodded her head toward the wound. "I would really appreciate it if you came here and helped me with this before I run out of blood. Thanks" Lisa said sarcastically, side glancing at the frozen in her spot woman.

"But...I-I don't know how to do any of this" the brunette stuttered panicky as she eyed the needle between Lisa's bloody fingers.

"I'll show you. It's not hard, but I really need your help right now, so please..."

It took the brunette a few more seconds before she finally nodded, taking a few hesitant steps towards Lisa and kneeling down next to her as she took the needle in between her small fingers. Her hands were terribly shaking under the sight of the uncovered red flesh, the small pieces of meat that stuck out from the edges of the wound, and the disgusting smell of blood that couldn't escape her senses.

"O-okay, what do I do now?" she said after taking a deep breath to calm her racing heart.

"First, put on a pair of gloves and clean the wound again. With your left hand, you need to hold both sides and line up the edges of the wound as much as you can but make sure they don't touch or overlap each other"