Distance (J.B.)

Y/N POV

My hands grabbed on the cold metal knob as I twisted it. The warmth and smell of this shop hit me straight into face. I closed my eyes as the scrumptious smell of baking went through my body.

"May I help you, miss?" A cute slim girl with two dark braids asked.

I smiled at her.

"I would like to order two waffles, two donuts, one pie and four baguettes." I said as the girl - Hana as it was written on her shirt - wrote everything down in the notebook and cash register.

"That would be 20,35." Hana said and started to pack my order.

I took out the needed money and put it on this old plate with Greece drawn on it.

What a lovely place.

"Here's your order, miss." My thoughts were interrupted by the lovely girl.

"Thank you." I said as my hands grabbed on the big paper bag. "Bye!" A smile took over my face and legs took me away.

"Have a good day!" The worker shouted back.

Finally, me Jerry will have time just for ourselves.

My husband was so busy these past few months. I couldn't even recognize him. Jerry always left early when I was sleeping and came back tired so he usually just ate dinner and went to bed. We spoke for less than 5 minutes per day. I was and still am so afraid that we won't work out.

Today is the day.

Time skip

I prepared the table for our dinner - the plates were in their places, with some cutlery near them and three candles in the middle with beautiful tissues on the side.

Perfect.

Just as this thought went through my mind, the door started to move.

I jumped excitedly and stood at the door.

Jerry went inside, not even sparing a single look. He put his coat, hat on the hanger and threw the boots off.

"Hi, love." The soft voice echoed.

"Not now, Y/N." My husband turned around and went to the dining table.

"What's for dinner?" He asked as he sat down on the table.

I frowned. He really didn't even say anything about the decorations and service. Maybe he's just tired. Let him rest, Y/N.

"Umm... your favorite pasta." I've smiled a bit and put it in his plate.

Jerry ate in silence and I didn't want to bother him. I could feel the tears coming but I stopped them.

Don't be so dramatic, Y/N.

I scolded myself.

"I'm going to bed now." He suddenly stood up and started to walk away.

"Wait." My hand softly grabbed his wrist. "Can we talk? Please. I've also bought some things from the bakery. A few fo your favorites."

"Not now, Y/N. I'm tired. Good night." He harshly shook my hand.

And I could feel my emotions coming up. I've tried to hide the for so long, trying not to bother him. But being all alone just wasn't it.

"You know what?! I'm done." I've let everything out. My feet started to drag me away as it was hard to see over my tears. "This relationship isn't working out." I turned to look at him, seeing Jerry's confused face. "I want a divorce."

Then the silence took over.

His expression turned for confused into frightened in seconds.

"Y/N... I..." Jerry couldn't form a normal sentence as his breathing fastened. "What?"

"I love you so much. And I understand that you're a hardworking person and of course I love that. But... You know I don't care about the fact that we could have a mansion or something like that if the two of us aren't in love anymore." The salty tears fell down my face.

Jerry came to me and embraced my body into a tight hug. His hands brushed up and down on my back as I hugged him too.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. You know I've never wanted you to feel like that. I love you. And you're all I need." He broke the hug. "Please don't cry, my love. I promise to spend more time with you. I'll take a break from work."

I quickly hugged him again and hid my face in his chest.

"I love you." I said in his chest.

He laughed a bit.

"I love you too."