Destined pt.1 (G.B.)

Y/N POV

I was standing near my slightly moldy window when cold breeze slushed through the curtains.

Our family wasn't one of the richest, there were six of us, so keeping our family alive was a hard task.

But, even though we were almost poverty stricken, our family was still a one big happy snowball.

I smiled softly.

Tomorrow is my 17th birthday. 17. The day everyone find out who their soulmate is. Who their destiny is.

Even though this was frightening, I was surprisingly calm.

It doesn't mean I will have to marry my soulmate. I will still be able to choose.

I quickly moved away from the window and changed into my school uniform.

I hooped down the stairs and ran to the door.

"Bye mom, bye dad!" I slightly shouted for them to hear in the kitchen.

"Bye, sweetheart!" I could hear their answer but I was already at the end of our road.

-Time skip-

The loud classroom was filled with chatters and talks.

I laughed as my best friends Diana, Anne and Ruby talked about boys.

"And then he touched my hand with his pinky." Ruby squealed excited and we all laughed.

The manly steps ruined our atmosphere and we stopped talking.

I didn't even had to look at the person standing there. I already knew it was no one else but Gilbert Blythe. He was the most irritating person on earth I swear. Every girl in our school was head over heels for him but I didn't understand what's so amazing about that boy.

Gilbert put his hand on my table and tilted his head to the side so his curly raven-black hair would slightly move.

"Good morning, Y/N." The boy smirked, already knowing my answer - as he did every morning .

I pressed my lips into a thin line and rolled my eyes.

"Good morning, Blythe." I said not even sparing a look to his side.

Gilbert softly crunched down to be at my level.

I was a bit surprised at him so I looked to see what he's doing.

The boy just smiled at my and reached for my ear.

"Gotcha." A soft voice hit my earbuds as dark blush creeped on my cheeks.

Thank goodness, everything stopped when our teacher came to class and announced the start.

-Time skip-

"Finally the lessons are done!" Anne smiled and did a little happy dance as we all laughed.

"Yeah." Diana smiled. "Y/N."

I turned to face her as I heard my name.

"Hm?"

"It's your 17th birthday tomorrow." We all knew what that meant. "Just know that no matter what, you can still choose your partner. Don't take this to heart." She gave me a small smile.

"Thanks." I've tried to make my voice sound as bright as I could but the sadness and fear could be clearly heard too.

"Don't worry girl, we will support you." Anne put her fist in the air as we all bursted out laughing once again.

-Time skip-

I laid down on my bead, collecting my visions and imagining tomorrow.

I couldn't even imagine what could be the name. From the whole world. And only one name with surname and birthdate.

What if you mistakenly think of a wrong person? What if he is bad? What if...?

My irritating thoughts were hard to calm but somehow I managed to push them into a dark corner of my mind.

My body relaxed and drifted into a deep sleep.

The next day

The bright beams of sun danced on my cheek, wakening me up from what seemed like a few seconds rest.

I pushed my body up and sat down on the beds mattress.

I quickly put my right hand on the left's sleeve and gripped the soft material hardly.

Calm down. It's going to be okay.

My right hand started to pull my sleeve down as I closed my eyes and shut the tightly. I quickly peeked with one eye.

Gilbert

No, no, no.

I stopped, harshly butting my bottom lip to calm down.

Maybe it's another Gilbert. No way that it could be him.

My hand brushed fully down and I felt numb.

Gilbert

Blythe

1881, October 5