🌺Thirteen🌺

🌺SOMETIMES PEOPLE JUST NEED TO LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE🌺

"Where are you going, Young Lady?" Mrs. Wilkin, the head maid also my nanny, asked after seeing me in my floral dress and high heels. I'm still contemplating the heels that I choose. It was the shortest among those shoes but still high for me, three inches is still high for me you know.

"I'm going to buy flat shoes and sneakers. Don't tell dad about this, okay?" I said, putting my index finger in front of my lips. Mrs. Wilkin giggles at me and whispers.

"I see. Your old man throws your little darlings again, did he?"

I smile helplessly at her remarks. Guess, this wasn't the first time that dad does this kind of act.

"Okay. I won't tell him but you have to hide it well this time", she said sneaking a car key in my hand.

I glance at the car key in my palm.

oops?

I don't know how to drive either the real owner of this body and I know that Mr. Berger is not there also to send me to the mall. The key on my hand was a gift to the real owner on her eighteenth birthday but it was all for display. She never wants to learn how to drive, in my case. In my world, we're so poor to even avail a car so I had to take bus or transportation train to go where my destination is.

"I don't think I can drive Mrs. Wilkin. Remember? I don't even have any driver's license yet?"

"Oh! My bad. I will call Mr. Berger for you--"

"Don't", I said stopping her in the mid-sentence. Doing that will only blow my sneak. "I'll just take a cab or taxi"

"If you say so", she smiled and left me alone.

I sighed and went outside.

Walking inside the mall, I went to the shoe store and glance at the price tags of the shoes that caught in my eyes. My interest pick at the three sets of shoes. Black, white and pink. I was contemplating what to pick when they're all so cute but too pricey to my taste.

My action caught the attention of one of the saleslady on stand-by. Looks like she mistakes me for a poor lady based on the look she gave to me. Her eyes scanning me from head to toe.

I already experience this kind of treatment before, not just in my world but also when I play Barbara Hanson. These kinds of people love to belittle those poor just because they think that they couldn't gain from them.

"Miss, if you just want to take a detour here. I suggest you should go to the market. There are a lot of imitation items there just like you're wearing right now", she mocks at me. I didn't listen to her and still focus my eyes on the three pairs of shoes. From the corner of my eyes, I saw one of her co-workers was giving her a warning look to stop her but she continue to mock me.

Hmm. What should I choose? White? It's pretty but easy to dirty. Pink? Too girly. Black? But the other too is so cute. I can't help...

"Miss, if you don't leave, I'll call the security", the saleslady's voice raise but I didn't pay attention to her. People around us are paying attention and I don't like the vibes that everyone around me keeps on whispering about the two of us.

I calmly look up and see her annoying smiling face and bow to the shoes again when someone picks it all up. My eyes wander to that person and see Jake smiling at me.

"Are these kinds of shoes that you like? Aist. From the looks of it, your taste is cheaper what I expected", he shrugged while inspecting the shoes.

I pick the shoes in his hands and am annoyed. What is this man doing here? "It is not I look for cheaper shoes, its that all of them are too cute that I can't choose one from these pairs"

Jake laughs. "If you can't choose. Just pick them all up"

I didn't need to see the looks of the saleslady's widening eyes. Especially when I pulled a black card out of my old purse.

"Miss?" I called the other saleslady before that giving the other one the warning look. "Yes, Ma'am"

"Pack these two shoes. I'm going to wear the other one", I said lending her the pink and white while I'm holding the black one.

"Yes Ma'am", she smiled politely and bow after taking the card and shoes in my hand. I sat in the pub and start to change my shoes.

"M-Ma'am?" the rude one whisper.

"Here you go, Ma'am. Thank you for purchasing", the other one came back with paper bags.

I nodded and didn't even glance at the rude woman who dares to bully me. I look up and glance at the still smiling Jake.

"Sometimes people just need to look at the bright side. Even if I'm not going to buy, you should at least be grateful that I'm looking at your store. You might not know, I could refer your products to the people I know", I said still looking at Jake.

"Let's go?" he asked.

I walk out of the shop and bump into the people, I didn't know I would see here. Looks like the plot is making a great time pairing them up. In front of me stand JC with a distressed look and behind him, clinging his clumsy female lead.

"I... ah... I can explain this", he said on a pale face.

"What's going on?" Jake asked behind me.

Oh great! Really? Great you crazy damn plotline! Putting the male lead, female lead, second male lead, and a side character in one place. I could've asked for more. How about you add the villain too so you could make one h*ck of a rumble?

to be continued...