🌺Eighteen🌺

🌺It's Just that Prettier Faces than Mine isn't My Type🌺

I tried to look for a handkerchief inside my bag when someone offers their handkerchief to me.

Dumbfounded. I gaze up and found the villain of the story sitting next to me.

"Did you just teleport?" I asked him with an emotionless face. The tears that were about to fall before suddenly stop at our ridiculous set-up.

He cleared his throat like he was stopping himself to do something.
"No. I just happened to walk faster than you"

"So you attempt in picking a match with me in a walking marathon?" I raised my left eyebrow. He sighed exasperatedly as if I say something he never expected. I don't get him and his intentions.

Then it only then that it occurred to me that what I'm riding is not a taxi but his car.

Sigh.

"I-It's not like that..." He took a deep breath. His face was full of confusion, unable to voice what he wanted to say. He whispers more like to himself. "It's not like that"

"Then what?" I asked with a blank face. I was irritated that his presence ruined my emotional moments. I can't show any weakness to any people in this world even though I'm on the brink of breaking into a million pieces. I need to be strong, stronger even if it was just a facade.

"You want to break your engagement with that bastard. I can help you with that", he sighed.

"Oh? Do you mean that whore JC?" I said flatly.

"W-whore", he was lost for a moment then cover his mouth and laughed out loud. I heard a gasp coming from his driver. I bet this was the first time he saw his boss laughing. Hehe. I can imagine his description in the novel holding his pen while looking like death himself in front of his employees.

The thought made me giggle.

"You smile", he stopped laughing and stared at me.

"You don't see me smile?" I asked. A small smile form on his lips. "I did. But this is the first true smile that I've seen. It's always been fake either force"

The smile vanishes from my face as I look at the outside window. "Really. I don't know there someone who would notice"

"About my offer--" he stops when my cold gaze fell on him. "I don't need any help regarding the engagement. Sooner or later that whore will break the engagement himself even I have to choke the words out of his mouth using my very own hands"

I'm sure of it. He, himself, would break it because he owes a favour to his saviour. And he sees that saviour in the form of the female lead.

Huh.

Not that I care about it. It will also work in my favour if she used my identity as the person who saved him in the back alley that. Only this, she could tie a leash around his neck. Even if he hates it so much, the life he owes will serve as the chains to him.

The car stops in front of our house. Picking up some cash in my wallet, I pulled his hand and put the money on it.
"You don't have to pay--"

"I hate to be indebted to anyone especially to you", I coldly said and add a pouch of slice chocolate cake on his open palm.

"I know you hated sweets but I hope this will make you forget the bitter expressions you saw from me earlier. And try not to show up in front of me again, I only bring chaos", I said and open the door car when he held my hands.

"Why? Why I can't see you again? Am I not suitable for you?" He asked. His face is full of insecurities.

My lips twitch. I suddenly remember a passage from a certain book.

Easy love is easy to forget.

"No. It's just that prettier faces than mine isn't my type. Don't get me wrong, pretty faces are good, but when you are a person used to people getting everything they want from you using their good looks makes you want to hate them to the core", I said pulling his hand gently from his grip to me and pick all my things.

I leave him in his car contemplating to himself.

Taking a deep breath, I look at the sky dyed with red, orange and yellow because of the sun that was about to set. I hope that this will be my last encounter with you Solomon Walker though with these plot twists I highly doubt this will be last.

With this world's crazy game, I guess it hides some turns for both of us.

Ugh.

Just thinking about it makes my headache.

My mother, father and my little brothers and sisters wait for me. I will come home no matter what.
******
A/n: Sorry everyone for not updating regularly. I tried to update early but I can just write few words because I'm fully occupied with my work. I even cried this past week because of so much stress. I barely had my weekend unoccupied and if it is I use it to sleep because of the weekdays that I barely get any sleep to accomplish my reports. I still try to write in my free time so bear with my slow updates. Thank you. <3 (。•́︿•̀。)