IV

Begging For Help

======================================
Even a traitor is worth it
======================================

After finding a safe spot, she gently set Wilbur down by a tree. He was heaving in and out, the wound getting more painful and painful as his adrenaline dwindled.

"Wait here," y/n said, walking away from the man.

Far enough away from him, y/n traced an "E" in the air. A glowing grid appeared in front of her. Her hand hovered over an icon that appeared as a bucket. She dragged the image down to the lowest bar of the grid then traced the same letter again. Y/n quickly equipped and emptied the bucket of water she was holding onto. She found a cow nearby and milked it.

The pounding feeling in her chest settled down as she quickly made her way back to Wilbur. He was still invisible. She reached out in front of her, hoping Wilbur never left. Thankfully, he didn't. y/n slowly made her way to his face, cupping it. Her thumb tracing Wilbur's lips.

"Drink," she said, placing the bucket to the man's lips. Eventually, his body began to appear. His face was pale and his once sparkling clean uniform was drenched in blood.

"How do I look, n/n?" Wilbur joked.

"Like a hot mess," she teased, giving him a small smirk. Wilbur let out a strained chuckle.

"I'm gonna pull the arrow out, okay?" She warned, her hand gripping the arrow. He slowly nodded. y/n swiftly pulled the arrow out, earning a loud groan from the brown-haired man. More blood flooded out of the wound. Before Wilbur could lose any more blood, y/n applied pressure in hopes to slow it down.

"y/n? Wilbur?" A voice called out in the distance.

"Tommy! Over here!" y/n responded.

The boy quickly made their way to the two. He was invisible as well, but he held something in his hands for them to see.

"Did you hear about Tubb-- Holy shit! Wilbur," Tommy freaked out.

"I need you to apply pressure to the wound. Can you do that for me, Tommy?" Y/n calmly asked.

Tommy quickly made his way to the injured man. His hands took a form as they began to get stained by Wilbur's blood.

"Is he gonna be alright?" Tommy asked, letting out a shaky breath.

"If we can get to his wound before it gets to him, he will," the woman hoped.

Y/n, desperate to help Wilbur, quickly milked the cow again and chugged the liquid down. Her body appeared, making it easier for her to work. Some of her uniforms were stained with Wilbur's blood. y/n's bun was disheveled and almost loose enough to unravel itself. She was running around to find clean water, eventually finding some in a river nearby. After collecting it, Y/n ran towards the two.

Tommy shuffled to the side as y/n knelt in front of Wilbur. She took off her coat and ripped off the left sleeve on her blouse. y/n ripped it apart to use as cloth. Tommy began to flicker in and out of visibility. Remaining visible after a few flicks.

"You can let go now." Tommy listened to the woman and watched as she began to unbutton the man's clothing.

"Don't strip the man! We're in the woods!" Tommy freaked out.

"Relax, Tommy. I just need to get to his wound better," y/n explained, pulling Wilbur's clothing away from his shoulder. Tommy watched as y/n worked her magic. It wasn't magic and wasn't how to properly do it. But she was working with anything she could get her hands on.

Once the wound was exposed, y/n began to clean. She dipped the pieces of cloth into the water then gently wiped dried blood and dirt away from his wound. y/n could only hope the water would be enough to prevent infection for now. Oh, how much she wished it would rain medical supplies.

The bleeding had seemed to stop and his wound was relatively clean. Again, y/n began to unbutton her blouse.

"y/n, please! Have some decency!" Tommy pleaded, covering his eyes.

"I'm not an idiot, Tommy," she said, taking off her blouse, revealing a white tank top underneath.

She ripped her white blouse into long strips. Taking those strips she began to wrap Wilbur's shoulder. Once she was done, she took her coat and slipped it back on. Then stepped away from the man to give him some space to redress himself.

"Thank you, y/n." Wilbur thanked her while slipping his uniform back on.

"Of course."

"What was it about Tubbo?" Wilbur asked, now fully dressed. He looked at the blonde who was still sitting on the grass.

"He's Schlatt's right-hand man now or something like that," Tommy said while playing with nature's soft green blades. He had felt betrayed twice today. The boy didn't know how to feel about anyone anymore.

"I'm sure he has his reasons, Tommy," Wilbur comforted.

"I'm sure deep down Tubbo knows who to side with at the end," y/n explained. She approached the boy, but before she could get any closer Tommy shot up from the ground.

"Just because you helped us doesn't mean I suddenly trust you again!" Tommy lashed out at the woman.

Y/n looked down. A crawling feeling made its way up her back.

"You're right. It was a dumb decision to stay behind with Schlatt, to protect him nonetheless. But in the end, the only thing I wanted to do was protect you," she explained.

"From what?" Tommy scoffed. Y/n was taken back by the boy's response. She'd thought he'd appreciate the sentiment a little more.

"From your recklessness!" Y/n retorted, anger now replacing the guilt. "You tried to fight the president in front of thousands of people!"

"Classic, y/n! Fucking blaming me for my own decisions! I know what's best for me!" Tommy claimed. "You were only following his fucking orders! That's all you'll ever be! An air-headed brute pushed around by a dumb piece of fucking paper that, mind you, was signed by me and Wilbur!"

"Tommy, please!" Wilbur shouted. He stood leaning on the tree for support. "Be grateful she did end up helping us! I would be dead if it weren't for her."

Tommy grew silent, knowing Wilbur was right. If it was only the two of them, Wilbur would be gone. He didn't know a thing about tending to a wound. Wilbur would've only suffered. He would have to rely on Lady Luck to stay around.

"As much as you'd hate to admit, we need her here. We need all the help we can get," Wilbur finished.

"You know, Tommy. Schlatt may be an idiot, but he got one thing right. I know where my fidelity should lie, and it's with the two of you," y/n said while giving Tommy a determined look. He looked between the two then suddenly smiled.

"Who was I kidding? Group hugs everyone!"  Tommy said, wrapping his arms around the other two. He made sure to be gentle with Wilbur. y/n just stood there a tad bit uncomfortable with the sudden display of affection.

"With the three of us, we'll definitely get L'manberg back!" Tommy hoped.

======================================

1225 words    

======================================