XXXIII

Long Way Home

======================================

Where we were meant to be...

======================================

After swiftly packing his belongings and saying his farewell to Carl, Techno met his best friend in front of his portal. The two walked in and chatted as they made their way to the rooftops.

"I thought Wil mentioned she didn't travel on the rooftops of the Nether?" Techno asked.

"She didn't, but I did." Phil confessed. "I had gotten news about the revolution. Thinking y/n was home like Wil promised, I went to check on her. To keep her from, you know, running back into danger." Phil's movements became slower as he spoke his next words, "But when I saw the barren streets and an empty beachside house. Something told me she never came back home."

Techno watched as Phil's expression fell as he pondered the idea of his son lying to him. One little lie isn't enough to tell someone they changed right? Only if Phil had noticed the other "little" lies his old son let his father believe.

Time had passed and soon enough the duo was met with another glowing portal. It was a lot further than Techno had imagined it to be. The sight of it was relieving after a long walk. But the moment the pinkette watched the blonde walk through, panic settled. His heart began to pound as he stood and watched the portal spin and twirl within itself. He took a deep breath to calm the voices screaming at him to leave and took a step to the other side.

There he was met with an overgrown portal entrance that had hanging lanterns and flowers planted around it. A dirt and cobblestone path decorated with soft lights and hanging fruit bushes paved the way from where the two stood. Looking into the distance Techno could see houses. Gray smoke floating out of the chimneys and bright lights sparkled from the town streets. It was night time, but that wasn't enough to disrupt its beauty.

"Are you ready to go?" Phil asked an anxious pigman.

"Mhm," Techno got out with the best of his ability.

Phil and Techno began walking towards the town. The pinkette tried his best to calm himself down the entire time. If the townsfolk knew he killed their beloved hero, what would he do? They would surely chase him out and ban him from ever coming again.

Suddenly, Techno was brought back to reality when his surroundings became darker. He looked up and was met with the back of a large statue. Quickly walking around it, not taking his eyes off the stone person, he eventually was met with the statue's face.

"You like it?" His old friend asked.

It was a statue of her. Y/n was in a long flowy gown, her long hair was slicked back, and she held the moon in her hands. She was made of dark polished deepslate. Every inch of her was carved perfectly.

"Techno? Techno~" A soft feminine voice called from the other side of shielded eyes.

The pinkette slowly opened his crimson eyes. He scooted up and leaned his back against the wall. Techno covered his face with his hands.

"Well you're finally up and pretty," The h/c haired woman made a joke and grabbed the mask sitting beside his bed. "Don't worry I didn't peek," She handed the mask to the man. Y/n kept her focus on the bedside table.

"I wasn't worried about that," Techno said, graciously taking the mask in his hands and swiftly strapping it onto his face.

Techno finally looked towards the only other person inside the room. She didn't sport her usual turtleneck and tights. Instead she was in a long f/c dress. The pinkette couldn't help but stare at the young woman.