XXVII

Pride Filled Guilt

======================================

How much longer until it's over?

======================================

Red...

It was all he could see. The crimson liquid spilled and stained the audience. Y/n was only able to temporarily stop Techno's wrath, but only for so long.

Techno's stoic face looked down at the bodies that littered the ground below the podium. Most of the audience that night were able to flee without injury, but many still suffered. Nothing moved or dared to break the silence that fell by the podium.

He was alone again.

"Techno?" A voice called.

Suddenly voices and people clouded his vision. Was he imagining things?

"Techno! Snap out of it man!" Wilbur shook him.

"Heh?" Techno looked all around him. He was standing in the audience before the podium. Schlatt and Quackity stood up top. Those alive stood around dead bodies and people getting treatment from injuries.

"Y/n's most likely treating Tubbo at Pogtopia right about now. I need you to substitute for her," Wilbur mentioned, whispering to the brute.

He nodded in response and stood tall next to his friend. Techno had felt as if he owed Y/n this much after lying to her. He remembered the face she wore when she stared dead in his eyes. She looked threatening but full of confusion and sadness. The both of them knew that if Techno made one more move on Tubbo, one of them would be dead.

That night was made for them to grow together, so why would fate twist their ending just as things got good? He wanted to blame himself but riddled it down to peer pressure. It was well known that high-stress situations are not a good mix with Techno, especially with his condition.

———

After a long session of trading words back and forth with Wilbur and Schlatt, Techno had one thing on his mind. He wanted to clarify things with Y/n as quickly as possible. Techno sprinted toward Pogtopia. His mind was full, the voices, his thoughts, and images of that day. It was almost enough to overwhelm him.

Eventually, he reached the ravine. It was dead silent. The further down he got the colder it was. Tension thickened the air and made it hard to breathe. Once he reached the bottom he got a clear view of her door. It was closed and dark. No sound came from the other side and it was guarded by Niki.

Techno hesitated to approach. It took so long the others had started to flood in. Wilbur, Tommy, Quackity, and even Fundy were there. But Techno didn't try to pay attention to whatever they were talking about. He was strategizing the perfect way to explain his thoughts and actions to Y/n. Sure whatever they were talking about is plot significant, but Techno couldn't afford to lose someone he really formed a connection with.

"Can I speak to y/n?" Techno asked the lady standing in front of the room.

"She doesn't want to talk to anyone right now. Y/n needs to focus on Tubbo," Niki answered.

"I just need to talk to her for a few minutes. I swear," Techno pleaded.

"Techno, no!" Niki let out a frustrated sigh. "Out of everyone here she probably wants to see you the least. Think about it, Techno. Who the fuck spends that day with a girl like it's a date then completely stabs her in the back in one of the worst ways possible? She needs her space. Please, give it to her."