XIII

Remember Me?

======================================

The past can't change anything

======================================

The oak leaves blew with the wind as time passed. Y/n had been sitting in the tree for hours now. She didn't think it would take this long, but it had. She watched carefully as Schlatt, Tubbo, and Quackity spoke to one another, quietly waiting for someone.

Orange fur quickly ran past her. Y/n immediately jumped down the tree and shadowed the fox man. She waited until he was in a secluded spot, outside of Manberg. Lucky for her, he was traveling through the DreamSMP. The fox walked underneath the tunnel on the Prime Path, continuing further in until he saw her.

"Hey, little guy," y/n said while giving him a small smile.

He was left speechless when he saw her. Thoughts and things he wanted to say flooded his mind. But his tongue, overwhelmed by the thought, stumbled.

"I-I... uh," the fox struggled to find the right words.

"It's alright Fundy. I'm just glad to see you're safe," y/n opened her arms.

Fundy was conflicted. He was trying so hard to build something in Manberg. But, seeing y/n one more time made him want to run back to them. The fox gritted his teeth while reminiscing through his memories.

Fundy was wandering through L'Manberg with Niki, and that's when they met her. She was exploring the lands, getting familiar with the terrain. Curious, the two walked up to her and began talking. The three of them would end up getting pretty close throughout time.

He remembers her sweet words, how she felt like a parent when Wilbur didn't, and the many times they would goof off when they were together. She helped him feel like he could do something like he was worth more than he was led on to believe.

"Don't talk to me like we're friends," Fundy shot through a longing heart.

Y/n brought her arms back to her side. Her small smile had morphed into a look of disbelief. It was her turn to feel betrayed.

"I have half a mind to report you to JSchlatt, you traitor!" The fox said through gritted teeth.

y/n took a deep breath in. She knew what was happening, and it was shattering her heart. "And what is he gonna do about it? We aren't on his land," y/n spoke in a teasing manner. She knew his words couldn't get to her if she wanted to get out of there.

"Then I guess you'll have more fun dealing with Dream?"

Y/n battled the urge to throw up. Seeing Fundy completely turn traitor disgusted her to her very core. He knew how to get to her. Now all she can do is deal with it.

"Matter of fact, I'll do it now! Oh, Dream!" Fundy called out.

"Shut it!" Y/n demanded while throwing a splash potion of slowness at his feet.

Fundy's movements flowed slowly through time. He was trying to get away from the woman as quickly as he could. Y/n approached the man and stopped him in his tracks. Her e/c eyes locked with his.

"There were nights I dreamed of taking you and Niki home. But now that I've seen you..." y/n looked down. "I see that you're already here. I hope they're treating you alright here, little guy."

After those words, y/n had swiftly fled the lands and headed straight home.

She was baffled at how easily Fundy had turned. But y/n didn't have it in her to be mad at him. Y/n didn't know why. She just assumed it might be because of their history. But wouldn't that make her mad?

Y/n's thoughts dwelled on her mind the whole way back. She was so obsessed with trying to find the "why" to it all, she didn't notice the brunette trying to snap her back to reality.

"y/n!" Wilbur tried to get her attention. Her head shot up to look him in the eyes. She was honestly taken aback when she snapped back to reality. "The intel?"

"Right! So, Fundy has really turned on us..." y/n said with a look of disappointment. "He didn't hesitate to rat me out when I went to see him."

"That bad huh?" Wilbur took a step back, barely holding a sad smile on his face. "Was I that bad of a father?"

Y/n could only look at Wilbur with sympathy. Fundy's betrayal didn't sit well with her after seeing Wilbur's reaction.

"My own son betrayed me!" Wilbur yelled, slamming his fists on the ravine wall. "My son..."

Y/n rested a hand on Wilbur's trembling shoulder. "It's not too late. Maybe we could-"

"Not too late?" The tall man cut her off. "It's already been too late! If we were to jump into that rabbit hole, we would get stuck there trying to dig our way out."

Y/n took her hand off of his shoulder in shock. She just watched Wilbur break down, feeling helpless.

"Thank you for your time... I'll be in my room if you need me," Wilbur thanked then left without another word. 

======================================

841 words

======================================