XXV

Corruption

======================================

What's wrong with me?

======================================

Techno was aimlessly walking around the festival. He didn't actually have a plan for finding Y/n after his dance with Quackity. Which actually ended up giving him some decent intel.

We're lost...

"We're not lost. I'm the Human GPS. If anyone's gonna find her, it's gonna be me," Techno lied through his teeth.

It wasn't until Techno found a familiar person with pink hair was he confident in his navigation skills once more. Right beside Niki was who he was looking for. She was giggling and talking to Niki. He didn't want to interrupt them immediately so he stood at a distance waiting. Techno would watch the sky change colors and occasionally glance at y/n.

The sky was a mix of reds, oranges, yellows, and dark blues. It didn't take long for the night's blanket to completely cover the sky. Lanterns began to light the pathways and booths, bringing a whole new sense of life to the festival.

"What are you doing?" Techno heard a voice ask.

He looked towards its owner and smiled. "Watching the sky change."

"Why didn't you just walk over to me and Niki?" Y/n asked.

"I didn't want to interrupt your conversation. I know how long it's been since you were last able to actually have a conversation with her other than the looming threat that Wil hangs over our heads every day. Sometimes you need an escape," Techno said.

"Then what's your way of escape?"

"My alone time probably. When my head is silent from all its intruding thoughts and people."

"Of course, you would love that kinda time," Y/n laughed.

"I don't hear anything better from someone else," he teased.

"I guess it's because I might agree, but also disagree."

Techno lifted a brow and watched y/n switch her body weight from one foot to the other.

"Go on."

"I guess being alone is great sometimes. But I like to be with someone I trust. Even if it's in complete silence," y/n smiled.

That's what the two did. They stood comfortably next to one another, watching the night sky. Occasionally you could find Techno look away and only watch Y/n. Whenever he saw her, a flood of relief and serenity would wash over him. He wanted to stay in that trance for as long as possible. But then he would notice himself staring, get embarrassed, and look away again. This pattern would repeat until an announcement boomed throughout the festival.

"To all the attendees, the festival will end in 30 minutes! But before you leave, there will be a grand closing 10 minutes before it ends. Please, make your way to the stage at the center of the festival. Enjoy the rest of your night!" Quackity's voice spoke through the speakers.

It was nearing the end of the festival. Tubbo's speech was about to start. But before they made their way to the stage, Techno squeezed in one more booth. He was successful in his endeavors to get another prize, the person handed him his winnings and Techno looked at it with a heavy feeling in his chest.

You can do it!

Give her the prize already...

SIMP