Chapter Thirty-Four

It was done. They had done it. Steve was right, it was possible. He and Blossom were able to gather up the things that they needed, and they were almost ready to be married. They were on their way to City Hall, and they were meeting their witnesses there.

"It was really nice of your sister and your friend to do this." Steve whispered to her as they walked. Blossom nodded, setting her head on his shoulder. He kissed the top of her head and wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Have you got your vows?" Steve asked. Again, Blossom nodded, and Steve smiled down at her. she giggled softly, and he smiled lovingly at her. She grinned and wrapped her arm around his torso, tucking her other hand into her skirt pocket.

"I've never seen you in a skirt. You look absolutely perfect." He whispered, and she blushed lightly. He squeezed her hip playfully, and she gasped softly.

"You're so quiet. You're never quiet. Baby, what's wrong?" Steve asked, his voice low. Blossom looked up at him, and he realized that her eyes were shinning. 

"I'm just happy. Sure, it's not settling down once and for all, but it's as perfect as." she whispered, and he smiled down at her. They walked the rest of the way in silence, and as they neared City Hall, they could see Maria and Paige. Next to Paige stood the officiant, who smiled warmly as the couple approached. Maria and Paige each hugged Blossom, and Steve smiled at them.

"Paige Davidson. It's an honor to meet you Steve." Paige smiled, holding out her hand. He shook her hand, smiling at her.

"Same to you ma'am." Steve nodded, letting go of her hand. Paige elbowed Blossom gently then pointed to Steve.

"He's a keeper B. Oh wait, you already knew that." she winked, and Blossom snorted before covering her mouth. Steve grinned at her, and she blushed.

"Are we ready to start?" the officiant asked, and Steve nodded. Their officiant brought them inside, and Steve immediately reached for Blossom's hand. She took it and squeezed it gently, smiling at him.

"Now, the first part of this ceremony is the reading of your vows. Mr. Rogers, if you would start please." the officiant nodded at him, and Steve took both of Blossom's hands in his.

"Blossom, since we've been together, I feel complete, happier, more alive than ever. I'm my best when you're by my side. That's why, today, I wish to take you as my wife, my partner, my closest companion, loving what I know of you and trusting what I don't. I promise to always respect you as an equal, and to always recognize your needs, desires, and interests are as important, if not more, than mine. Today, I give you my hand, my heart, and all of my love, without condition, completely and forever." Steve said, looking Blossom in the eye.

"Ms. Hill, you're turn."

"Steve, you make me laugh, you make me happy. You make me feel alive. I give you my heart, my soul, my love, for all of eternity. I give you our life together. You've given me youe heart, your soul, your love, and our life together. I promise to always love you, cherish you, to stand by you no matter how stupid the idea is, i.e jumping out of an airplane. Our two lives will move through life together, be together, and be one forever." Blossom smiled at him, keeping steady eye contact.

"Now, the exchanging of the rings." the officiant nodded at them. Steve and Blossom pulled out the rings that they had brought, which were nothing special. They would be special soon, but not just yet. Steve took Blossom's left hand in his and slipped the ring onto her ring finger. Blossom held his left hand and slipped the bigger ring onto his finger. 

"Now, Steven Grant Rogers, do you take Blossom Evangeline Hill to be your wife? Do you pledge your life into her keeping?"

"I do." Steve said softly, looking at her lovingly. The officiant nodded and looked to Blossom, smiling a bit.

"And do you, Blossom Evangeline Hill, take Steven Grant Rogers to be your husband? Do you pledge your life into his keeping?"

"I do." Blossom answered, her voice soft but filled with love and adoration.

"Then I pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

"That was all Steve needed to hear. With Blossom's hands still in his, he pulled her towards him, lowered her slightly, and kissed her passionately. When they pulled away, Blossom looked right at Maria, who was smiling with tears in her eyes.

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Rogers. Now, I'll need you and the people you came with to come here and sign the license." the officiant motioned for them to come forward, and the four of them stepped up. He handed Steve a pen, and he signed it, and Blossom laughed at his signature.

"It's so messy." She giggled, setting her hand on his shoulder. He handed her the pen, and kissed her cheek.

"Let's see yours then." Steve teased her. She took the pen and signed it, her signature looking almost as messy as his, but it was still better.

"Whatever." Steve chuckled. Blossom laughed and gave her sister the pen. Maria signed off on the license, and finally Paige signed it. The officiant took the pen from Paige's outstretched hand and signed it, writing in the exact time and date.

"Now, I'll take this back, and we'll file it. It'll be mailed to you in about four weeks. Once again, congratulations, and have a good day." their officiant smiled at the four of them before leaving them. Maria and Paige hugged Blossom again, and Paige checked her watch.

"Damn, I've got to go. I'll call you later, okay B? Congrats girl." Paige smiled at her friend, and Blossom hugged her one last time.

"Thank you for being here Paige. It means a lot." Blossom whispered.

"Hey, it was no trouble. You two are perfect for each other." Paige said softly, pulling back and hurrying out of the building. Maria and Blossom smiled at each other, and the sisters hugged tightly. They pulled back from each other, and Maria looked at Steve.

"Treat my baby sister right, or else." Maria said sternly, and Blossom blushed.

"Mar-Mar, not here. Threaten him outside." she giggled. Maria chuckled, shook Steve's hand, and left the building. Blossom looked up at Steve, and he smiled down at her. Carefully, he scooped her up, holding her bridal style.

"Mrs. Rogers." Steve whispered, carrying her out of the building. Blossom looped her arms around his neck as he walked, and she hid her face in his neck.

"Wait." Blossom whispered, and he looked at her.

"What is it?" Steve asked her softly.

"There's one place I need to go. It's really important."

"Then let's go."

***

Blossom stood in front of the graves of her grandparents and her mother. Steve stood towards the entrance to the cemetery giving Blossom the space and privacy she needed. He watched as she knelt in front of their graves, placing her hand on the stone.

"We did it Gram. I married him. I love him so much, and I know you liked him. Grandpa, Maria always said you'd be proud of me, and I know you are. I miss you so much, and you would have liked Steve. He's an artist, just like you. Mama, I miss you so much. Just like Gram and Grandpa, you would have loved Steve. He's simply perfect. I wish you could meet him, but for now, just please watch over us." Blossom whispered, tears filling her eyes. She heard footsteps come towards her, and she looked up to see Steve. He knelt beside her and wrapped his arm around her.

"Mr.and Mrs. Hill, and I suppose Mrs. Hill again, I know you can hear us. Your daughter and grandaughter is amazing, and she's doing her best to make you proud. I'm so lucky to have her in my life, and I want to thank you for always loving her." Steve whispered. They sat in silence for a moment, and a breeze blew through the cemetary, rustling Blossom's hair. 

"They heard us." Steve whispered. Blossom looked at him, and he kissed her forehead.

"Ready to go home?" he asked, and she nodded. He picked her up again, holding her bridal style, and carried her out of the cemetery, and back home.

XxxA/NxxX

This book is almost finished! Can you believe it? I sure as hell can't. I've had so much fun with this, so I'm glad to say that there is a sequel planned. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter, because there are only about 2-3 chapters left. Love you all <3