AUTHOR'S NOTE

hello! it's been about five years since i've last touched this book, and i can't believe people are still finding it, reading it, adding it to their libraries and reading lists, and enjoying it. but, i just want to clarify something to new readers, or re-readers if they exist out there.

this story was original written in 2014. i was 13 years old then. i will be turning 20 in a little over 2 weeks ( december 29, 2020 ). yes, there are going to be "cringey" phrases and words. i wrote this when i was in my "not like other girls" phase, which i've since grown out of. 

i was a new writer, and as someone who used to consume fanfic on tumblr like crazy, i was tired of seeing stoic and emotionless female agent characters from inexperienced writers like myself. so, i wanted to go a different route. i wanted to make blossom human. i wanted her to show emotion, to be vulnerable at times, to make stupid mistakes because that's what real people do. i thought about how i would react in some of the situations i wrote about in this book, and i took some of my own reactions to similar situations and applied them to her.

don't get me wrong, you're free to critique my writing. i love when people critique, because it means i can grow as a writer for future projects. but, people are critiquing this as if i just wrote it yesterday, and not as a teenager who had no concept of how relationships work and wanted to get to the fluffy romance part because it was fun to write.

i've obviously grown beyond this, and my future projects don't reflect the same mindset, but it's frustrating. this book is six years old. the ideas in it are six years old. keep that in mind as you read.

thank you!