Chapter Twenty-Two

Blossom grumbled as she tried to roll over the next morning. She felt as though she couldn't move, and she highly disliked the feeling. She didn't want to open her eyes, but at the same time, she knew she had to. She opened her eyes so they resembled slits, and she smiled a bit as she found herself facing Steve. She tried to roll over again, and Steve shuffled.

"Don't leave me." Steve mumbled sleepily, and Blossom glanced at the clock over Steve's shoulder. 5:30.

"I'll have to soon, but not now." She whispered, and he pushed her against him even more.

"No, don't leave, period." He muttered, leaning down and nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck. She sighed, and Steve began to kiss her neck very lightly. 

"You're gonna cost me my job if you keep this up Rogers." She mumbled, and lifted his head a bit. He smiled sleepily and kissed her forehead.

"My apologies, Ma'am. Sometimes, I can't help myself around you." He said softly, making her blush.

"You better learn how to, sweetie. Don't forget, you need to drop me off at work today." She whispered back, and he sighed dramatically.

"I know, ma Cherie. I know." He mumbled, and Blossom's eyes lit up.

"You speak French as well?" She asked, and he smiled, closing his eyes.

"I do. And you said as well. You speak it, too?" 

"I do. Being a S.H.I.E.L.D agent allows you to learn several different languages. I can speak fluent French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, and I'm slowly learning Latin and Greek." She said, closing her eyes and snuggling into her boyfriend's arms.

"That's amazing. And you know what else would be amazing?" Steve asked, and Blossom could sense a sarcastic comment coming.

"What would that be?" She asked, and his grip around her tightened a bit.

"If we could both go back to sleep, like this, and I could enjoy your company for another two short hours." He said, his hands resting on her back.

"Such a sweet talker. Fine, I'll see you in another two short hours." She mumbled, snuggling close to him and falling back asleep.

***

 "Blossom, wake up." Steve whispered the next morning, shaking her gently. She groaned and rolled over, pulling the covers up over her head. 

"Come on Blossom. You're gonna be late if you don't." He said gently, and Blossom swatted at him, snuggling under the covers.

"Blossom, I'm going to count to five...."

"Count as high as you want. I'm comfy right here, and I don't want to move. And you don't scare me, Rogers." 

Steve sighed at her stubbornness, but smiled anyways.

"Blossom Evangeline Hill, you need to get up, or Maria will hunt you down." He said, and Blossom's head popped up from under the covers.

"How dare you pull the big sister card? That is so uncalled for." Blossom mumbled, and Steve smiled, knowing he had won. He pulled the covers off of her, and she sighed. In defeat, she swung her legs over the side of the bed and looked up at Steve. He crossed his arms and looked down at her.

"Pull me up." She held out her hands and pouting. Steve sighed with a smile and grabbed her hands, pulling her up onto her feet. She kissed his cheek and smiled, and Steve swept her up in is arms.

"Did you remember a uniform?" He asked, kissing her forehead.

"Duh. Man, maybe I should call you Captain Obvious instead of Captain America." She teased, and Steve rolled his eyes playfully.

"Ha ha, very funny Blossom." He said, setting her back down and kissing the top of her head. He left the room so she could change, and she dug around her bag, pulling out her uniform. She changed quickly and left the bedroom. Steve was in the kitchen with two cups of coffee on the counter, and he was sitting at the table, his sketch book open and his pencil moving. He looked up at her, and he smiled, shutting his book. He stood, grabbed both cups, and handed one to Blossom, and she took it with a smile. She took a small sip and her eyes went wide.

"Okay, you make really awesome coffee." She said, and Steve chuckled.

"Glad you approve. I feel like you really need it for work today." He said, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and kissing her temple. She smiled at him and sipped her coffee again. He kept his arm around her shoulders, squeezing her shoulder as she finished her coffee.

"Almost ready to go? I feel like you're gonna be late if you take any longer." He said, taking her cup and setting it on the counter. She sighed and leaned up to kiss his cheek, and he smiled.

"Yeah, let's go." She said, and he grabbed her hand and walked out of the apartment with her. They went down the stairs and out of the building together, still hand in hand. Steve brought her to his motorbike and climbed on first. Blossom climbed on behind him and wrapped her arms around him, and he smiled. He started the bike up and pulled away from the parking space. Blossom kept her arms around Steve, her hands against his stomach and her head resting on his back. Steve sighed happily and sped down the road towards the S.H.I.E.L.D HQ.

***

"Thanks for the ride sweetheart." Blossom climbed off of the bike. Steve was still seated on the bike, helping her off slightly. She bent down and kissed his cheek, but he took it a tiny step further and pulled her onto his lap, and kissed her sweetly. He kept one foot on the ground, one on the bike, and both hands on Blossom's waist. She wrapped her arms around his neck and gently ran her fingers through his hair. When they pulled away from each other, they smiled and Steve let her up again.

"I'll be picking you up later. Have a good day Blossom." He said, and Blossom kissed his forehead and ruffled his hair.

"Okay, I'll see you around five, five thirty. Love you." She said and she turned around and walked into the building. She showed her badge, clipped it back on, and walked towards her office. She opened the door, and Maria was standing with three women.

"Blossom, I believe you know these three?" Maria asked, and the three women turned around. Blossom's lips curled into a smile when she recognized the faces instantly. Agent Paige Davidson and Dr. Felicia smiled back, and even Agent Riley Foster smiled.

"Agent... Co-Commander Hill. An honor, and a pleasure." Riley said, holding out her hand. Was she trying to make amends? To have it be water under the bridge? Bury the hatchet? She decided to chance it and shake Riley's hand, then Paige's, and finally Felicia's. 

"Edna couldn't make it?" Blossom asked, and Felicia nodded sadly. 

"Wouldn't let her. Said three's enough, four counting your transfer." Riley said, setting a hand on Felicia's shoulder. Blossom tried to keep her surprise from showing on her face. Riley had gone under some serious development from the last time they saw each other, which had to be only a week or two ago. Blossom nodded and patted Felicia's shoulder. 

"I'll make sure that the next time we need a transfer, she's number one on the list." Blossom said softly, and Felicia smiled. The two scientist were very close, and being this far apart might effect their work. 

"Well, we'd better get to our new stations. See you around Blossom." Paige said, smiling at her friend and leaving with Riley and Felicia.

"Why didn't you tell me they were the transfers?" Blossom asked her sister, turning to face her.

"I didn't know. Fury just made mention that you knew them. And seeing as you know everyone and have great connections, it wasn't exactly obvious." Maria said, fixing a stack of papers on her desk. Blossom considered her answer and nodded finally.

"Fair enough. Now, what's on the agenda?" Blossom asked, sitting down at her desk.

"Files, files, and more files. Have fun with your half." Maria chuckled, and Blossom grinned.

"You know I will Mar-Mar. Have fun with your fraction." She replied, and the two women set to work, and Blossom occansionally threw paper at Maria, creating war.