Chapter Three

"Glad you two could join us." Fury said as Blossom and Maria entered the bridge. They looked at each other before smiling. Coulson stood by a tall man with blonde hair and big muscles. Maria looked from Blossom to the man, and she mouthed,  'That's Steve Rogers.' Blossom nodded, and Maria pulled her serious face again, and Fury turned towards Blossom.

"Agent Blossom, meet Agent Coulson, and Captain Rogers." Fury said, catching the two men's attention. Agent Coulson smiled at Blossom, and so did Steve Rogers. When Steve smiled at her, Blossom felt butterflies in her stomach, and she smiled back. 

"We've got a match, 65%. Wait, cross match, 79%." One agent said, catching everyone's attention.

"Location?" Coulson asked, walking over

"Stuttgart, Germany. 28 Konigstrasse. He's not exactly hiding." The agent said, and Fury nodded. Nick looked from the agent to Steve, and Steve kept an eye on the monitor.

"Captain, you're up." Fury said, and he turned to face Fury, and Blossom thought that the look on his face was adorable. 

"Agent Blossom, please bring the Captain to his suit's capsule." Fury said, and Blossom nodded. She motioned for Steve to follow her, and the two headed to the suit capsules. 

"Good luck, Captain Rogers. Take em' down." Blossom said, putting her hand on her hip and turning. Steve smiled a little, and Blossom walked off, her footsteps echoing off of the walls.

"Thank you ma'am. I'll do my best." Steve said, and Blossom smiled to herself. She walked back to the bridge, but Natasha stopped her.

"Fury wants you to come along with me in the jet. Help you get a feel for all of this." She said, and Blossom nodded. The two women ran off to the jets, and soon, Captain America joined them. Natasha sat in the co-pilots seat, and Blossom set herself in the back seat, across from Steve. She looked to see Natasha and the pilot talk, and she fiddled with her seat belt. She was going to Germany, where her grandfather was from. Her Poppa, who taught her how to shoot her first gun. She felt tears come to her eyes as they took off. She wiped her eyes quickly, but she wasn't fast enough to catch a lone tear that dripped down her cheek. She felt a hand on her knee, and she looked up to see Steve looking at her in concern. She wiped her cheek with the back of her hand, and Steve didn't move his hand.

"Are you okay ma'am?" He asked her and she nodded.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just, we're going to Germany. My late grandfather grew up in Germany, and I miss him a lot." Blossom said, and Steve moved his hand. Blossom started to feel silly. She never opened up to anyone about her relationship with her grandfather, and she felt ashamed for doing so. It was supposed to be something sacred that she held close to the center of her heart, and she spread the word. She remained silent for the rest of the high speed ride, and when they stopped suddenly over the crowd of people below them, Blossom was jerked forward, the seat belt stopping her from hitting the ground. Steve stood up after clicking his seat belt off, and he took a deep breath.

"Good luck, Captain." Blossom said, and he smiled at her. As he jumped out of the plane, the butterflies erupted in Blossom's stomach again. She felt sick, and she unbuckled her seat belt.

"I hope you aren't thinking of going down there!" Natasha said. 

"No, I'm crazy, but I'm not crazy enough to get in Steve's way." Blossom said. Natasha smiled a bit, and her attention was drawn back to the ground. Blossom watched in horror as a man with a horned helmet used his frightening spear to shoot a blue laser at an elderly man. But, her horror faded away when Steve jumped down with his shield and protected the man. Blossom grabbed onto a handle in the jet as Natasha swooped down and flicked a few switches. A P.A system dropped down, and she spoke into her headset.