Chapter Thirty-Six

Steve was at the stove the next morning, making breakfast for him and his wife. He was also making coffee for them, and he was humming softly as he moved around the kitchen. He didn't hear or see Blossom come in, but he felt her arms wrap around his waist, her hands resting on his chest. He smiled to himself, but shuddered as he felt her lips make contact with his bare back. He reached down and turned the stove off, lifting the pan off of the burner and setting it on a cool one. He turned around in Blossom's arms, and she let go of him, trailing her fingers down his back as she did so. Steve set his hands on her waist, letting his fingers travel up and down her sides gently, and she melted under his touch.

"Mrs. Rogers, you're getting very handsy." Steve whispered, pulling her against him.

"Can you blame me, Mr. Rogers? I love the way you feel...." Blossom brought one hand up to rest on his neck, and he looked down at her.

"Do we have some unfinished business then, babydoll?" he asked, leaning down to kiss and nip at her neck.

"I believe we do, Captain." Blossom whispered, and he picked her up swiftly, then he carried her back into their bedroom and shut the door, breakfast and coffee long forgotten.

***

 "We should do that more often." Blossom smiled as she brushed out her hair. Steve was still in bed, the covers over his lower half, and his hair a mess. His breathing was still a little uneven, and he chuckled.

"We might not be able to for the next few days. You're getting your orders, and apparently, we'll be moving soon." Steve moved his hands to the back of his head, smiling at his wife.

"True, true." she giggled, setting her brush down and looking at him. He grinned at her, and she walked over to him. Gently, she pressed a kiss to his forehead, making him smile even more.

"Have a good day at work babydoll." Steve smiled, leaning up to kiss her.

"I will. I'll be home by about six, as usual. I expect dinner on the table for when I get home." Blossom winked, and he chuckled. 

"Yes ma'am. You call the shots." he smiled, and she kissed his cheek again. She turned to leave the room, and as she was walking out of the room, Steve blew her a kiss. She caught it and held it over her heart dramatically, and he laughed.

"Get up you bum!" she called as she left the room, and she could hear the covers move, which made her blush lightly. She grabbed the set of keys Steve had made for her, her phone, and her belt, then she left the apartment.

***

"Co-Commander, your sister is waiting for you." an agent said as she entered the building.

"Thank you." Blossom nodded, and she went to her and Maria's office. Her sister was sitting at her desk, several files stacked onto the wooden surface.

"If it isn't Mrs. Rogers. Blossom, I'm aware you received the call from Director Fury, giving you the summary of your latest arrangement." Maria said, not making eye contact. This had Blossom growing worried. Maria was acting distant, cold even.

"Yes, I got the call last night." she nodded, not wanting to question her big sister's attitude.

"Then these," Maria pushed the files closer to Blossom. "are yours."

Blossom took the files and nodded, going to her desk. She sighed softly and slipped the files into her bag. She then sat at her desk and began to work silently, avoiding any kind of communication with her friends, or even her sister. 

***

"So, it'll be a while before we see each other again." Maria said at the end of the day.

"Yeah, I guess so. You better visit Gran often and give her the report." Blossom said softly, keeping her back to Maria. When she turned, Maria was looking down, tears on her cheeks. 

"I just can't believe that after we just got to see each other again, you're leaving, again." Maria whispered, and Blossom set her bag down. She walked over and hugged Maria tightly, feeling tears in her own eyes.

"Mar-Mar, maybe it's for the best. Trust me, I'm not happy about this, but maybe it'll help us concentrate." Blossom whispered and Maria nodded, pulling back.

"Maybe you're right. We'd better stay professional. So, it was nice working alongside you, Blossom." Maria said, a watery smile on her lips.

"The same to you, Maria." Blossom nodded, hugging her sister one last time.

"I'd better go. Steve'll want to take a look at these." Blossom whispered, and Maria nodded. she went to go grab her bag, and wehn she turned to leave, Maria was looking away, sadly. Blossom held back a sigh, and she left the building without another word.

***

"I'm home." Blossom said sadly, and Steve came out of the bedroom.

"Have a good da- Babydoll, what's wrong?" Steve asked softly, walking over an dtaking her hands in his.

"Just a heart-shattering goodbye, that's all." she whispered, and he pulled her into a hug. She sighed against his chest, and her rubbed her back gently.

"Hey, I made dinner." Steve smiled down at her, and she chuckled.

"I was only kidding with you." she kissed his cheek, and he brought her to the table. They sat down together, and they ate in silence, with Blossom fighting back tears. After dinner, they washed and dried the plates, put them away, and she grabbed her bag.

"We're supposed to look these over. Details, for our transfer." she mumbled, pulling the files out. Steve nodded, and they went to sit on the couch to read. She opened the first one, and and she sighed. Steve pulled her closer, kissing her forehead.

"I know it's hard, saying goodbye to the people you love. But, you'll see her again, trust me." he whispered against her forehead.

"Can we save the reading for later?" Blossom asked softly, peeking up at him. she pouted out her bottom lip, and he smiled lovingly.

"Of course we can. Come on, let me make tonight all about you." he whispered, picking her up and allowing her to curl into him. She blushed lightly, and he kissed her head, carrying her into their bedroom and shutting the door with his foot, keeping a curious kitten out of the room.

XxxA/NxxX

So, only like two more chapters and then this is done. Sad, I know :(. Gif to the side (or wherever they go since Wattpad changed the layout again) is pouty Blossom [Pouty Lana], and for my Bruce Banner story, you guys got my 1K votes, so a wedding scene is on the way :). Love you all <3, Moonsong