Chapter Thirty

"Steve Rogers, cut it out."

"But they're so small."

"Ugh, everything about me is small compared to you, but enough with my hands! They're ticklish." 

Steve and Blossom were sitting on the couch after dinner, just relaxing after a long day. Steve was sitting on one end of the couch, while Blossom's legs were outstretched, with her feet over the arm and her head on his lap. When she raised her arm to stretch, Steve had lifted his hand up to hers to compare sizes. He pressed their palms together, chuckling at the size difference. Out of nowhere, Creamsicle jumped onto the couch and decided to make himself comfortable on Blossom's stomach. Blossom closed her eyes, smiling. She set her free hand on Creamsicle and began to pet him gently while Steve played with her fingers. Blossom giggled softly, feeling comfortable and loved. As Steve played with her fingers, he brought his other hand to her hair, gently stroking it. Blossom sighed, both happily and sleepily. Steve pressed a kiss to her forehead, and the sweet gesture had her opening one eye.

"I think I'm gonna sleep, right here." she smiled sleepily, and Steve chuckled.

"Can I have at least one kiss before you drift off to sleep?" He asked her, and she hummed a yes. Steve bent down, slowly placing his lips on hers. She brought her hand up to cup his cheek as she kissed him back gently. He pulled away slowly, letting Blossom lay her head on his lap again. He resumed playing with her fingers and stroking her hair. She hummed in content and felt herself start to doze off.

"I love you Blossom." Steve whispered lovingly. Blossom smiled up at him sleepily, closed her eyes, and sighed. 

"I love you too." She hummed, falling asleep slowly. Creamsicle mewed softly, and Steve scratched behind his ear. The kitten stood and walked up, making himself comfortable near her face.

"Yeah, I love her, too." Steve smiled. 

***

"Steve! Have you seen Creamsicle? I can't find him anywhere!" Blossom called out the next morning. 

"Uh, no. I haven't seen him either sweetheart." Steve answered, walking over and wrapping his arms around her from behind. She leaned back and looked up at him, smiling gently.

"You're hiding something, I can see it in your eyes." She hummed, and he chuckled.

"That's what you think." He grinned, tickling her sides. She squeaked and tried to pry his hands away from her, but it was no use.

"Ha, you're my prisoner now." He laughed, holding her close. Blossom squirmed in his grip, and he grinned widely. She sighed happily as he hugged her close, kissing the top of her head. He let her go, kissing her cheek.

"C'mon, let's go find that little fuzzball." He chuckled, holding out his hand for her to take. She grabbed his hand, and he brought hers to his lips and gently kissed the back of her hand. Blossom blushed lightly, biting her lip gently. He pulled her out of the living room and into the kitchen first. 

"Here, I made coffee. Drink up, while it's still warm." He smiled, handing her a mug. She smiled, arched an eyebrow, and took the mug. She sipped it slowly, and he smiled softly. She finished her coffee, and he took the mug from her to set it in the sink.

"Now, how about we go check the bedroom?" Steve suggested, and she nodded.

"That's an idea. Let's go. I wanna make sure he's not getting into trouble."

Steve pulled her into the bedroom, and they started to look around for the kitten. He and Blossom both got on their knees and checked under the bed, in the closet, under the sheets, under the dresser, and beside Blossom's things, but he wasn't there.

"Where the hell could he be?" Blossom wondered, and Steve shrugged. She bit her lip in thought, then snapped her fingers.

"The one place we haven't looked: under your shield." She grinned, and Steve chuckled. Blossom left the room and hurried back to the living room. Steve's shield was on the floor by the couch, and Blossom walked over to it. Steve leaned against the wall, waiting for her to lift it up. Blossom crouched down, lifted the shield, and giggled. Creamsicle was curled up on the floor, sleeping soundly. She went to picked him up, but she noticed that his tail was curled around a small box. She slowly removed the box and lifted the lid, gasping softly.

"Steve...." She gasped, and he walked over. Inside the box was a beautiful engagement ring, and he chuckled. He took the box from her hand, kept the lid open, and got down on one knee. Blossom gasped softly, setting her hand over her mouth.

"Blossom Evangeline Hill, in the time that I've known you, I never would have guessed that you'd be mine. I feel like one of the luckiest men around, to consider you my girlfriend. And I know that the world has dealt you the worst cards, but you never cease to amaze me with how emotionally strong you are. You're one of the most amazing people I've ever met, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and that little fuzzball. So, Agent Blossom Hill, will you do me the honor of becoming Mrs. Rogers?" He asked, smiling nervously. Blossom stared at him at a loss for words. She felt tears come to her eyes, and she nodded quickly.

"Yes, yes, yes. A thousand times yes." She whispered, tears dripping onto her cheeks. Steve grinned, stood, and pulled the ring out of the box. He slid it onto her ring finger on her left hand,  and she threw her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. He hugged her back, holding her close to him.

"I love you so much." He whispered.

"I love you so much, too. But do you think we rushed into this?" Blossom asked softly. Steve pulled back a bit, smiling down at her.

"When it's right between two people, it isn't rushed at all." He smiled gently, and she nodded.

"You're right. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, all of the ups and downs, twist and turns, goods and bads. I love you, and you're the one for me." Blossom smiled, and he wiped her tears. 

"Exactly. And now, I'll get to call you my almost wife. Blossom Hill, my beautiful fiancée." He chuckled, kissing her forehead. She blushed lightly and leaned up to kiss him. He kissed her back, holding her close, thinking of their future together.