Chapter Thirty-Two

"Blossom! Come here!" Steve called from the living room. Blossom came out of the kitchen and walked over to Steve, who was on the couch. 

"What's up?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Come cuddle with me." He whined playfully. Blossom smiled a bit before laughing softly.

"You pulled me out of my important work to come cuddle with you? How adorable." She giggled. Steve raised his arms, making grabbing motions. She shook her head, and he reached out, gently grabbing her wrist.

"Stevie, I've got work to do." Blossom giggled, trying the pull her wrist away. Steve chuckled and pulled her down on top of him, wrapping his arms around her. She smiled up at him and set her chin on his chest. He kissed her forehead gently, and she sighed happily. 

"Blossom?" Steve asked softly. She looked up at him again, tilting her head ever so slightly.

"Stevie, what's wrong?" Blossom asked, bringing her hand up to stroke his hair. She noticed how he visibly relaxed under her touch, and she started to worry.

"Honey, what's bothering you?" She asked, cupping his face gently. Steve raised his hand to softly place it on top of hers, squeezing it carefully. 

"I was just thinking...." He said softly, looking down at her. Blossom shifted so that she was sitting and facing him.

"About what?" She asked, running her thumbs over his cheeks. He leaned into her touch, and she pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"I want to start a family with you, but I'm not so sure that it's practical. I mean, you have work, we never know if or when the Avengers will be called together again, and if I ever do get called out again, who knows if I'll come home." Steve whispered, sadness in his eyes. Blossom felt tears fill her eyes as she shook her head. Still cupping his face, she leaned forward and kissed him on the lips several times, not giving him the chance to kiss her back.

"Don't say that." Blossom whispered, kissing him continuously. Finally, Steve released her hand and cupped her face, bringing her in for a real kiss. He held her close, kissing her passionately. She ran her fingers through his hair, tugging at it gently. He moaned softly against her lips, pulling her in as close as humanly possible. They only pulled away to draw a quick breath before they went back to kissing each other as though they'd never get to again. When they pulled away, both were breathless, and Blossom set her forehead on Steve's.

"Don't ever say that you won't make it back." She whispered, her voice wavering. Steve leaned up and captured her lips with his in a gentle, loving kiss. She cupped his face, and her held her arms. 

"the future holds no promise of forever." Steve whispered after they pulled away. 

"I know, but maybe we can change that." Blossom said softly, snuggling into her lover's arms.

"How?" 

"We could do what you said isn't practical. We could start a family. We could get married right away, we could beat the odds that an Avenger and a S.H.I.E.L.D Agent face." 

Steve bit his lip in thought before looking down at her.

"I suppose we could do that. But, I want to marry you as soon as possible." Steve whispered.

"We could elope." Blossom suggested.

"Elope?"

"We could run away in secret to get married." Blossom explained. Steve nodded, wrapping his arms around her.

"Anything to be with you for the rest of my life." He whispered, making her blush. She cuddled close to him, sighing in content.

"I hope I'm not being too forward, but I was wondering if you'd want to have kids." Steve whispered.

"I've always wanted to be a mother." Blossom smiled, leaning up to kiss his cheek. Steve grinned and hugged her close to his chest.

"I love you so much Blossom Hill, soon-to-be Rogers." Steve chuckled, rubbing her back. Blossom relaxed under his touch, and he kissed the top of her head. She closed her eyes, listening to the sound of his heartbeat, steady and soothing. 

"Tired doll?" He asked softly.

"Mhm." Blossom nodded.

"Then let's get you to bed."

"You'll stay with me, right?"

"Of course I will."

Steve stood with Blossom in his arms. He carefully carried her to their bedroom, kissing her forehead lightly repeatedly. She giggled sleepily, squirming in his arms. He set her down on the bed and walked over to his side, crawling in beside her. He grabbed the covers and threw them over the two of them, and Blossom snuggled close to him. Steve wrapped his arm around her, tucking her into his side. Blossom set her head back on his chest, over his heart, listening to his heartbeat. Steve kissed the top of her head and rubbed her arm, and the soothing motion helped lull her to sleep.

"I love you baby doll." Steve whispered. Blossom smiled as she felt her own breathing slow, and she soon fell asleep.

XxxA/NxxX

First off, I want to apologize for not updating in almost three weeks. Just like my Bucky Barnes story, I had major writer's block, which is stucky without the t. Like I mentioned before, I might be doing an 'Ask The Characters' Book, or an Ask the Author book, so look out for those. And, this book is coming to a close, sadly. But, there is a sequel for all those who enjoyed the romance of Steve and Blossom. Thanks for understanding darlings :)