2. Morning Meetings.

*Thanks to everyone who has followed me, I've now hit 70-followers!*

Beep! Beep! Beep!

 Flipping onto his back, Louie slammed his hand down on the annoying alarm clock, it was 6am in New York, but due to an impromptu hostage situation, the thief didn't get back to his apartment until late the previous night.

His attempt to steal more shuteye was useless however, as the moment his alarm went off, a signal was sent out to his other electronic devices, and in a split second, his blinds had opened, his TV had turned on, and coffee maker had begun brewing in his kitchen.

Unable to go back to sleep with light pouring into his room. Louie threw off the emerald bed covers, and pushed himself off his large mattress. Exiting his bedroom, he made his way into the kitchen where he poured himself a cup of coffee and took a seat on his sofa, where he began watching the news.

The news started off with weather and sports news, but halfway through his drink, the program shifted to one more of his interest.

"In other news," - The anchorman began. - "World's richest man, Scrooge McDuck, was held hostage by criminals last night at a gala in Duckburg, luckily no one was hurt. We go to reporter Anna Nelson for more information.

The camera shifted to a reporter standing outside the Duckburg museum, yellow and black police-tape was blocking the entrance and a small crowd had gathered by the entrance.

"Thanks Luke, just last night 6-armed individuals burst into a gala held here, the Duckburg Museum, during a gala dedicated to businessman and adventurer Scrooge McDuck. The thieves demanded valuables, such as jewellery and wallets from their hostages and promised violence for those who didn't listen. During a blackout, however, the criminals were defeated by one of Scrooge's own family members, along with the help of a good-natured civilian."

The scene shifted again, now showing an empty glass display case with a large hole cut into it. - "Unfortunately, while the perpetrators were caught, an artefact referred to as the 'Emerald Key of Egypt' was stolen. Infamous thief, Louie Gold's calling card was found at the scene, indicating that the hostage situation was a distraction for the real heist to take."

"No." - The sleepy teenager groaned. - "Don't lump me in with those gun-toting amateurs."

Snatching the remote off the table, he switched off his TV, and finished the rest of his coffee, he dumped the mug in the sink, the teenager got up and continued his morning routine.

---------------

 Elsewhere in an underground hideout, 39-individuals sat around a u-shaped table, watching various news reports of the theft on a large TV screen, after 10 or so minutes of watching, one of the people lifted a remote, switching the videos off, revealing the symbol of 6 fingered golden hand on a black background.

"I don't like him." - A large ape in an expensive looking waistcoat admitted. - "He's too cocky. Leaving business cards with his name at crime scenes. If we choose him, I think he'll do more harm than good."

"Cocky or not, he's the most successful candidate." - A duck in a grey trench-coat and white button up argued. - "He's stolen at least $20million dollars more than the next best candidate."

"He might be successful, but he's differently not the most efficient." - Someone else proclaimed. - "The longer he takes on a heist, the more likely he gets caught. And then the more likely our whole operation goes belly up."

The discussion quickly broke down into insults and shouting. However one member had had enough.

"That's enough!" - They shouted, causing everyone to shut up and look at the person. - "Now we can continue to bicker like children." - A Magpie with a thin scar running over his left eye spat. - "But sooner or later, we have to make a decision, and pick a person to join us." - He looked sadly at the empty 40th chair. - "I vote we take a month to each decide on a candidate before regrouping to vote, who agrees?"

There was a series of 'Yes's and 'Sure's causing the racoon to crack a small smile.

"Okay then, meeting dismissed." - With three hits of a gavel, the members dispersed, disappearing into the shadows.

---------------

 Back in New York, Louie pulled his silver c1 corvette convertible into a specific alley, driving up to a metal garage door large enough to fit a semi-truck through it. Flipping a switch on his dashboard, the door opened, allowing the teen and his car to pass through.

Pulling into a workshop, Louie flipped the door switch again, making sure the door was completely shut, before turning off his car, and unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Anyone here yet?" - He called out into the building, expecting to hear no replies, but instead heard a groans as the four other members of his team entered in from a side room.

Tommy dropped into the closest seat. - "Yeah, we got your text Lou."

"It's too early for this." - Amelia grumbled. - "I haven't even gotten my morning coffee yet."

"Good thing I brought coffee and muffins." - He said, pulling a paper bag and 4-cups out from his car.

"StarDucks?"

"Yes."

"Iced caramel mocha latte?"

"Yes."

"White chocolate and raspberry muffin?"

"Yes."

The racoon quickly dashed forward and took her breakfast in glee. - "Thanks Louie, you know me so well." - She smile, cheeks stuffed full of raspberry.

"So that leaves an Irish coffee for Lucy, a black coffee for Tommy and last but not least, an iced Frappuccino for June." - He handed out they're drinks, leaving the bag full of assorted muffins on a table for anyone to take from.

"This is nice and all, but can I ask you, why the hell are we here so damn early!" - Lucy barked, hating that for once she had to be out of bed before 2pm.

"Well we got to start to prepping for our next heist."

There was a series of groans from everyone but Louie.

"What?"

"We're exhausted." - Tommy yawned. - "We've never had to work this hard before."

"We haven't had a break since that whole issue with Matthew Kovax."

Louie ran a hand through his perfectly combed hair. - "This again?"

"Sorry, but how are we supposed to get over the fact that you've been lying to us from since we've met." - Lucy argued, crossing her arms over her chest.

"C'mon I'm still the same old Louie."

"Are you?"

"Yeah, and for what it's worth, I never lied to you, I did grow on my Uncle's houseboat and lived in poverty for most my life. I didn't even know I was related to Scrooge, until I was ten, and I left when I was 14, I worked various jobs with my mentor for a year, which is about the time I met you." - He paused. - "And the rest is history."

The group went silent, not knowing how to respond in a way that was appropriate. 

"So are we going to do this heist or not?"

"Yeah."

"Fine."

"Sure."

"Whatever."

"Great." - Louie smirked, pulling out a picture of a painting. - "Then let's get to work."

Thanks for reading Ch.2 of 'Legacy.' I hope you enjoyed and also hope you comment, vote, follow-me and read Ch.3 -MM