19. Broken Bonds.

---------------

   The baby-blue, 1970 Dodge Challenger cruised down the Calisota country roads alone. 

It was late afternoon, and the Triplets were closing in on their destination. The Circus of Six's website had mentioned that their next show was taking place in a couple of hours in the town of Storkton. How they didn't think that posting their location online for all to see was a bad idea, Louie didn't know.

As Louie was holding his aching shoulder in his good arm, he sat back and listened to the radio, the volume was low, so Huey and Dewey could play 'I Spy' which Louie had chosen not to participate in.

"Well, we're only an hour out of Storkton, so how about we do some sightseeing before we arrive?" - Huey suggested, only for Louie to speak up in 

"There's no time." - Louie muttered. - "The quicker we deal with the circus, the better."

Dewey poked his head forward. - "Jeez Lou, what's got you so riled up against these guys?"

He sighed. - "I know this world a lot better than you do, Dewey. So just trust me on this. Okay?"

The middle-triplet slunk back into his seat, unimpressed with his brother's response.

"So, Louie," - Huey began, side-eying him as he tried to clear the tension. - "Do you have any advice on dealing with the circus?"

Leaning forward, Louie pondered the thought. - "Ringleader is crafty, carries a revolver in his jacket, the chances of it being loaded is low, but to minimise risk of injury I'll deal with him. Mystic's magic may look convincing, but it's all illusions. Keep a steady head and you'll be fine." 

"We've dealt with many sorcerers and wizards; some circus hack shouldn't be too bad." - Dewey cheered.

"Strongman is well, strong, but he is slow and quick to tire, stay out of his reach and strike from behind. Clown may not look intimidating, but he is quick to anger, quiet and carries many knives, so be wary. Lion-Tamer is skilled with a whip but is also blind in his left eye and sucks at close-quarters combat, so if you get into a fight with him, stay close and stay left." - Louie paused.

"You said they were called the Circus of Six, so who is number six?

"Trick-Shot," - He muttered, clutching his shoulder more tightly. - "I don't know much about her, she is an above-average marksman, capable of using bow and arrow, blowgun and throwing knives. For her weaknesses, she's brash and cocky, and doesn't really know the other five members all that well."

"Are you sure the three of us can deal with them?"

"If I can deal with four against one. Then the three of us can easily take the six of them." - Louie countered. - "Anyway Hue, I thought you always wanted to be a superhero," - He tapped his brother on the arm. - "Taking down a team of criminals will bring you closer to that goal."

Louie could actually see Huey's eyes light up when he said that.

"Like Gizmoduck." - He muttered.

"Yeah, like Gizmoduck."

"Now, we sit back, find the big-top-" - Louie reached forward and opened the glovebox, pulling forth a pair of sunglasses. - "And kick some carny ass."

-----

   The McDuck triplets surveyed the large tent and accompanying train from around 100m away. There was still around three hours before the show began, and they were still setting up. 

It was the perfect time for a surprise attack.

"So, what's the plan Lou?"

The thief turned to his brothers. - "I was kind of making this whole thing up as I go."