Chapter 4

Alina

I walk to the pub Aleksander told me about. It feels weird. Knowing that he is alive. But my happiness is over the charts. I have to calm down though. The more emotion I show, the more suspicious Mal will get. And if he can read minds, he will know Aleksander is alive. I don't want that. I know what Mal would do to him. But that thought goes away as I make my way into the pub.

Making my way to a table I notice Mal and Kaz are no where to be seen. I just assume the aren't here yet.

"It's fine." I tell myself. They are probably just walking over here and it's taking them awhile. That's when I see them. Not Kaz and Mal. But 3 guards. They are dressed the same way the ones at the bank were dress like.

"Has anyone suspicious come in here. Someone looking like their waiting for someone?" One of the guards ask the bartender. Shit. I get up and start walking out the door. If they are looking for me it means Mal and Kaz got caught. Making my way out the door the same guard stops me, "Where are you going missy?" He asks me. I come up with the best excuse I can come up with.

"Oh, do you really want to know?"

"Yes."

"Well it's nearly time for me and my husband to try and make a baby. Our doctor told us to try at the same time everyday. And if we are late, it might not work." I hope that was good enough.

"I-, go one. I'm sorry for stopping you."

"Don't worry. I get stopped all the time. Is there anything else I can help you out with?"

"Nope. Sorry for making you late."

"As I said. Don't worry. Have a lovely day, what your name?"

"Harrison. And you are?"

"I'm Alyssa. Have a lovely day, Harrison."

"You do the same."

I'm relieved to make it out the door. My first instinct is to go back to Aleksander. And I do. Walking right back to where I first came from.

When I reach his room I knock on it.

"Who is it?" He calls out.

"Open the door." I can't say my name so hearing my voice should be enough. And it is. Once I said that I could hear him making his way to the door.

"What happened?" He asked, while gesturing me to walk in the room.

"They got caught and the guards found your letter I assume because the guards were at the pub and Kaz and Mal weren't. So if a guard see us and asks us if it was a success say no."

"I'm sorry. But what did you tell them?"

"It's not your fault so don't worry. And I may or not have told them that it was time for my husband and I to try and make a baby." I laugh as does he.

"Well we're not married but we can for sure try and make a baby if you'd like." He flirts.

"Hmmm really. In the same room as Zoya?"

"Oh we could put her in the bathroom, I suppose."

"I suppose we could."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." I give him a quick kiss. And make my way to Zoya. I grab her arms and he grabs her legs. We put her in the tub in the bathroom and shut the door.

We make our way to the bed. He pushes me down and we laugh. I missed this. Us. The feeling of home. He was my home.

"Can I-," kiss "ask you something?" I ask in between kisses.