Chapter 12

Alina

It's been a day since I saw Mal. Now I'm riding back home, hoping he's not looking for the Sea Whip. If he gets his hands on it, there's no telling what he might do to me. Can I even have more than 1 amplifier? Aleksander said you couldn't. What would happen if I had 2 of Morozova's amplifiers?

It's going to take about a day to get out of Fjerda so I'm not making any stops today. The faster I get out of Fjerda the better. I don't want to stay here any longer than I have too. It's extremely cold and not very welcoming to visitors like me.

Now I can't stop thinking about what I'm going home to. Aleksander. Louis. My family. My weird, perfect family. The two people in the whole
world who I think understand me.

Aleksander. He's said it before. "There's no one else like us. And there never will be." We are each other's opposites.  And it's perfect. Yes, we've have our faults but, we've grown.

Louis. We were both left by our parents. Our parents both died. But with him, I took him in. Because I know what's it's like to be alone. I had Mal and I don't have him anymore.

My life is one with more downs then ups. But my family is one of my only ups. They are what I have and what I will always have. And yes, it's changed but I feel like it changed for the better. I felt like Mal and I just didn't belong together, I felt that way for a long time. But I never said anything because I was to scared to lose him.

The only thing I'm worried about at the moment, is the fact that Mal is looking for an amplifier. Morozova's amplifier. I don't need it, and I don't want it. I could bring down the Fold without another amplifier.

And I'm ready. When I get home, I'll bring it down. Once and for all, the Fold that has destroyed Ravka will finally be gone. I, Alina Starkov, the Sun Summoner, will take the Fold down. It'll go down in Ravkan history. Some girl from Keramzin, brought down the thing that split Ravka in two. Me. I'll show them, that I can do it. And I will.

Riding this horse, I feel like I have meaning in life, for once. I'm happy. Even though this is Mal's horse and I'm far from home, my life is mine. Now I can take on the world.

It feels good. Knowing that finally I'm okay. All my life, I've never fully been happy. Now I am.

Chapter 12!!!!!!
I know this is probably the shortest chapter I've done, but I have more things planned for the next chapter that didn't feel right for this chapter.
The next chapter should be a quicker update I hope.
I hope you guys liked this chapter, please let me know in the comments!!!
For anyone wondering since I know someone asked I'm currently rereading the series, just to make sure everything is somewhat the same!
That's all I got to say. So as always have a good day!!!!