Chapter Nine

Walking out of my room, Mark was laying on the couch reading a book. I saw him look over at me as I was dressed to go out and he nodded. "Going out?"

"Yep."

I didn't tell Mark about that night when Officer Jack almost caught me. I knew he would have a lot of shit to say about it so I kept it to myself.

"Cass," I look over at him as he was looking at me. "I was thinking.. since I'm working now.. maybe you should let the whole.." He motions towards me. "robbing go."

Looking at him, I knew he would say something about it. I wasn't sure when but I knew it was coming sooner than later.

I sighed then looked somewhere else for a moment. "Mark.. I understand but.. this is my life. You make money by how you want to and I'll make money how I want to."

"Cass-"

"I'm done talking. I'll see you later, bye!"

I shut the door behind me then walked to the truck. I tossed the bag in then got inside before starting it, backing out and heading on the road.

Thinking about what Mark said just made me a little mad. He has a job now and I'm happy for him so he shouldn't worry about how I make money cause I don't worry about how he makes money.

But he's always been like this, even when he was doing the same shit back them.

We were a team and now it seems like I'm on my own even though we're living together.

As I was driving down the streets, I couldn't figure out where to go. I'm usually not like this and I can find a house in a matter of minutes then scope it out before hitting it.

My mind just wasn't in the right place right now.

I kept driving around until I drove down a road then looked around as it mainly looked deserted. I drove down the road a little ways before seeing a house come into view, which looked really nice.

But not as nice as Macy's.

Shaking my head, I looked around and saw that this was the only house for a few miles. I saw that it was in the back where the woods was at and it had a huge field behind it.

I drove passed it to look to see if any lights, cars or any signs that someone was home.

There wasn't.

I smiled before turning around and driving back by it, pulling into the ditch near it and drove the truck through the woods and made a path.

This truck has been through hell going through woods but that's what it's made for so I'm going to use it like that.

After I parked, I grabbed the bag then got out. I looked around as I slowly shut the door and pulled the mask on then my hoodie.

I walked through the woods, seeing the house come into view before smiling as I approached it.

There was a fence separating the field and the woods, but just like the other times..

That didn't stop me.

I stopped at the fence then looked around at how big this field was. It was a lot bigger than Macy's but the house wasn't as gorgeous.

After hopping the fence, I looked around as I was watching through the field towards the house. I noticed that this house didn't have a garage like Macy had, but it had a carport in the back but no cars.

I approached the house then looked around as I was trying to find somewhere to break into. I knew this house would have to be locked.

I came to a back door and there was a small opening where the curtains were opened inside. I peeked in and saw a living room, which looked nice.

After grabbing the knob and moving it, it was locked.

"Duh." I shook my head before trying the windows that were near the door but they were all locked.

After searching around the house, I came up short as to what place to break into. I came back to the door then grabbed my handy paperclip and decided to give that a try.

I crouched down, stuck the clip in then grabbed the knob and moved it around as I was trying to find the right place where it would unlock.

After a few minutes, I heard something then click inside the knob then turned it and watched the door open. I smiled then stood up and placed the clip back in my pocket.

I grabbed the knob, looking down at my gloves before opening the door more and walking inside.

Looking around, I came into a living room which was pretty cute. I saw how the main part of the house where the entrance was stepped down into the living room area and that was cool.

I grabbed my flashlight and looked around some more as I was looking for a lot of good shit.

Coming across from empty table drawers and nothing was on the main coffee table that was in front of the couch.

I saw some pictures on the wall then shined my light on them before squinting my eyes at a certain photo.

Walking to it, I saw a woman, a kid and man smiling. The kid looked around twelve but no more than in his teens and the woman wasn't that old as she looked in her thirties.

The man was the one that made me stop and look at him for a moment until I realized it was Officer Jack.

I backed away from the picture then looked around. "There's no way I'm in his house.." I kept looking around until I saw a cabinet that had something folded on it.

It was in the main area where the entrance were so I walked to it to get a better look.

When I came to it, I saw the cop uniform and saw the badge that read: Officer Jack Roberts.

"Fuck."

I looked around then saw cameras at every corner of this house. One was in the living room. One in the kitchen entrance and one in the corner where I was at.

Thank goodness I had my hoodie and mask on.

I decided not to even look through the rest of the house. I already knew he was going to find this footage and start questioning me for the rest of my life.

As I walked to the back door from where I came in at, I noticed that it was locked. I looked around then back at the knob and tried opening it but it wasn't moving.

"How the fuck is it locked. The lock is on the inside." I grabbed it with both hands and violently shook it as hard as I could before seeing red and blue light in the house then hearing the police sirens outside.

I turned around then saw the lights shining through the window and I rushed the window before smashing it and jumping out.

I heard the cops running and that made me run away from the house as fast as I could. I looked back as I was running and saw one chasing me.

"I can't go to the truck. I have to escape on foot."

Running to the woods, away from where the truck was, I jumped the fence then got caught on it. I fell back then quickly got up and pulled the hoodie as hard as I could before ripping it.

Making my escape, I ran through the woods with a cop behind me. "Stop! I will shoot!"

That made me run faster.

I was dodging trees, jumping over branches and running through spider webs.

My adrenaline was pumping and I was out of breath already.

But I couldn't stop.

As I was running through the woods, I look behind me then saw the cop was nowhere in sight. I smiled then kept running as I knew I couldn't stop and I had to get as far away.

I saw where the end of the woods were coming to and I smiled as I ran faster, missing trees and everything else as I finally made it out.

Seeing the road, I wasn't sure where I was but I ran to it and was about to run in a direction until I knew where I was at.

As I got onto the road, that's when it was too late to react when I saw headlights coming towards me.