Chapter Nineteen

"Cassidy?" I heard my name being called was too tired to open my eyes. I stayed in that comfortable position until I heard my name again. "Cassidy."

Opening my eyes, I look over and saw Mark standing there. He was looking at me as his head was soaking wet, dripping down his face.

"What?" I said as I turned back over and closed my eyes.

He pulled the covers from my body and I turned over to look at him. "You know what time it is?" I shook my head as I rubbed my eyes. "It's three thirty. Have you slept all day?"

Looking at him, I nod before yawning and stretching at the same time. "I guess so."

"Your face.." I look at him as he leans over to look better. "What happened last night?"

Sighing, I shook my head before sitting up. "I ran into the owners of the house I was trying to break into. They saw me and I made a run for it through the woods. I ended up hitting a tree." I look at him. "How bad is it?"

"Pretty bad." He leans closer. "Looks like a bruise and some cuts."

I shrugged before stretching again, feeling all my muscles in my body. "I don't care."

"Aren't you suppose to meet Macy today?"

Looking at him, I groan before leaning back. "Damn it. Yeah.." I look over at something before shaking my head. "She called me last night."

"While you were-"

"Yeah." I nod as I look over at him. "And when the owners saw me, I was running through the woods and got to the truck before realizing that she was still on the phone."

He looks at me with an expression I couldn't read. "She heard everything?"

"I hope not."

"Well.. you might be in deep shit."

I gave him a look. "Why? I can lie."

"Your face." He mentions. "And if she heard everything last night, then she's going to as questions."

"She's not like that. She knows I have a private life."

He crosses his arms. "Oh?"

"Yeah." I nod before getting up. "I have nothing to worry about." I walk past him to the bathroom.

Hopefully.

-

Mark dropped me off at Macy's after she messaged me not too long after I woke up. I had to make sure I was dressed and took a somewhat decent shower before coming over here.

I kept listening to Mark explain to me that she might ask me questions about my face, which I hope she won't cause I don't know what to say.

But I had a somewhat good response to go with it if she does ask.

Mark winks at me after I get dropped off then leaves. I shook my head before walking to the front door and knocking.

Standing there, I looked around before the door unlocked and opened. I saw Macy standing there with a smile on her face, allowing me to walk in.

"You want something to drink?" She smiles then stops in front of me. "What happened to your face?"

"Um.. I fell last night." I watch her for a moment. "Running."

She looks at me before stepping closer then stopping when she was reaching her hand out. I stared at her as she pulls her hand back and clears her throat.

"After you hung up on me last night.. I was a little worried. I heard someone yell then there was a lot of noises as if you were running." She looks at me.