Chapter Twelve

"Can I borrow the truck?"

Mark was sleeping on the couch and it was currently nine in the morning. I knew he would be out of it since he didn't come into until after two this morning, but I had to get the truck keys and tell him where I was going.

He was half asleep when he answered, so it came out a little weird for me to understand but I did get the part where he said sure.

I grabbed the keys and headed out the door, making sure I had everything before shutting it behind me.

I walked to the truck and got in before starting it. I backed out of the hiding spot then drove to the road before turning.

Macy messaged me this morning, about eight, asking if we were still getting coffee.

I was still asleep but I managed to message her back.

She said she will leave in an hour and asked if I needed a ride.

I told her no and also said I will be there in an hour.

I'm a little late but it's ok.

I fell back to sleep for thirty minutes then had to run around and get dressed.

Took a cold ass shower, brushed my teeth and everything before finding something to wear.

The only way we wash clothes is to take them to the laundry mat, which we haven't in a while. I remember Mark went two weeks ago but that's because we usually wait until we have one outfit left.

Better do it soon.

After I got into town, I saw the coffee shop in view then pulled into the parking lot. I got out then looked around until I saw Macy's Challenger sitting in the parking lot.

I knew it was hers cause I haven't seen any other one that color here before.

Walking to the coffee shop, I walked past the window then glanced inside for a moment before reaching the door.

I walked inside and smiled when I smelled coffee, then looked around until I saw Macy standing in line at the counter.

She smiles at me as I walk towards her then standing next to her. "I thought you weren't going to come."

"I can't say no to coffee."

"I'm sorry if this seems weird for you."

I look over at her then shook my head. "No. Why would it be?"

"Cause we've been running into each other a lot and now I'm asking to have coffee."

"No big deal."

"You weren't doing anything today, were you?"

I shook my head as the line moved up. "Nothing at all."

"Good." She smiles then I look around until we were next in line.

When the boy behind the counter took our order, Macy asked what I wanted. I was about to reach into my pocket and grab some money out but Macy lays a card on the counter then looks at me.

"I'm buying."

"You didn't have to."

She smiles. "I don't mind."

Looking at her, the boy comes back with our coffee then we walked away to find a seat. I followed her to a booth near the window then sat down across from her.

Once we were sat down, I saw her move her purse onto the table and I looked at it for a moment before looking away.

I looked around the coffee shop at all the people before looking back and catching Macy staring at me.