Chapter Thirty Two

"I don't care who you are! Where you're from! What you did! As long as you love me!" Macy was singing to the Backstreet Boys as she was gripping my hand and singing into it.

It was amusing as I watch her scream, looking at me as she was singing then looking back at the road.

The chorus hit again and she gripped my chin, making her look at me as she was glancing at the road then back at me before smiling.

I laughed as she was smiling at me, pulling me closer to her before I pushed her back. "Eyes on the road!"

She smiles at me as she moves back and looks at the road. She turns the radio down then looks over at me. "I love that song."

"I can tell." I smile at her.

We were on the way back home.

The week was over and it was time to go back.

Which sucks cause I was having a lot of fun. It was amazing to get away and not worry about anything for a while.

We woke up this morning then got everything packed and ready to go. It was noon by the time we left and we were now on the road, heading back.

Macy was keeping me entertained as she was singing to a lot of old songs. She was holding my hand and singing to me as she was looking at the road.

I saw her looking at me every once in a while as she was singing, which made me smile as I kept watching her.

"I had so much fun." She sighs as we started getting back into our town. "I wish it didn't end. I don't want to go to work." She groans.

Smiling, I held onto her hand as we were now in town. I looked around at everything as it didn't seem real cause we were gone for a while.

We passed through town then went down the road where Macy lives. I kept looking out the window until we were pulling into her driveway then went around back to her garage.

As she opened the garage from her keychain, the door opened and she drove inside before parking. I heard her sigh as she turned the car off then sat there for a moment as she looked over at me.

"Home sweet home. I guess." She mumbles before getting out and I was behind her.

We started unloading all the things in the back, carrying as much as we could before coming back for more.

"That's all." She closed the trunk then we started walking to the door before she stops. "Oh," She looks at me before motioning for me to follow. We walked to her Challenger before stopping. "If you're here alone while I'm at work, I don't mind you taking my car places you need to go. I always have my keys on me but there's a spare." She opens the gas door and reveals a set of keys inside. "Right here."

I nodded as she closed it. "Ok."

She smiles before wrapping her arm around me and we both walked inside.

"I need to call Cindy and tell her we're back."

I watch her for a moment before sending Mark a text and telling him we're back. I told him last night that we'd be leaving this morning.

Macy was talking on the phone as she was walking around through the living room and kitchen. I kept watching her as she was moving her hand around then stopping and looking at something for a moment.

"We had a lot of fun. Yeah." She smiles as she walks to the kitchen. I sat on the stool in front of the bar and kept watching her. "She bought me a necklace for my birthday.. yeah, I know."

She looks over at me and smiles before walking to the dining room. I kept watching her until I heard my phone then saw a text from Mark.

When you coming home?

As I read the text, I wasn't even sure when I wanted to come back. I didn't want to but I knew that's where I lived but I had a feeling in my stomach that didn't want me leaving.

Macy walks back into the kitchen a few moments later as she was off the phone. She looks at me before smiling as she sat her phone on the counter. "Cindy said that she's glad we had fun. I told her that she needed to plan another one cause I want to go back." She chuckles.

"Me too."

I saw her smile before she walks over to me then wraps her arms around my head, pulling me to her then sighing. I felt her kiss the top of my head and hold me for a moment before she pull back. "I need more alone time with you."

I slightly smile at her as she steps back then sighs. "I need a shower. Oh! Since I want you to borrow my car for when you stay here, do you mind getting gas in it?"

"Sure."

She walks to her purse that was on the bar then pulling out her wallet. I saw her walk to me and handed me the wallet. "Take my wallet. Just fill it up. Use the spare."

I nod then saw her lean towards me and kiss my cheek. I watch as she walks past me towards the bedroom and I stared at her wallet for a moment before getting up.

Walking out the garage, I look at the car as I walked to the side with the gas tank door then opened it and grabbed the keys out.

Holding them in my hands felt weird as I opened the driver door and getting inside. I looked around at how amazing this car looked and it felt weird being behind the wheel of something like this.

After I started it, I smiled as I held onto the steering wheel. I could feel the power beneath my hands I held onto the steering wheel then placed my seat belt on.

I backed out of the garage then drove around the house onto the main road. I turned right then drove down, feeling something as I was driving.

It was a feeling that I couldn't explain.

A feeling of freedom.

I drove through town, looking around and for once not worrying about getting stopped or someone spotting me.

I stopped up at the gas station before stopping then grabbing the keys from the ignition. I opened the door and grabbed the wallet before getting out.

As I shut the door, I walked around the back then stopped when I saw a cop car pulling in behind me. I slowly walked around to the pumps before opening the wallet and grabbing the blue card out.

I look over in time to see Officer Jack stepping out of his car. I saw him look over at me then at the car and looking back at me.

When he walks towards me, he stops before looking at the car. "Um.. is this Macy's car?" He looks over at me.

"Yep." I slid the card into the pump then followed the instructions on the screen. I pressed the button before placing the nozzle inside the tank.

I saw Officer Jack stand there with his arms crossed, looking me up and down. I watch him for a moment before looking back over at the pump as the numbers were rising.

That's when I saw Officer Jack grab the wallet from the car. I watch as he opens it before looking through it and looking over at me.

"You have her wallet too?"

"Yes." I roll my eyes before looking at the pump. "She gave it to me so I can get gas in her car."

I heard him say something under his breath before walking around the car and looking at me. I saw the wallet in his hand as he was doing so and I look back at the pump.

When he walked all the way around, he came back and looked at me. "If I call Macy right now.. she'll confirm this?"

"Yes." I look at him. "You don't believe me? That doesn't surprise me."

The pump was finally done so I placed the nozzle back and closed the gas tank door. I look over at him then saw the wallet in his hands before extending my hand out.

"I need that."

He stares at me for a moment as he slowly reaches over and hands me the wallet. I smiled at him before walking around him and getting in the car then starting it.

"Bye asshole." I said as I drove off.