Luis💙

YN looked at the grave in front of her

YN looked at the grave in front of her. It made her feel a bit better to see the red and blue balloons tied to the gravestone along with other memorabilia. She was happy that Luis hadn't gone unvisited.

About 4 or 5 months ago Luis got into a car accident he was in critical condition for weeks he was just barely hanging on when on a cold Thursday afternoon at exactly 4:56 pm Luis died. YN was at practice with the rest of the ducks when they got the news.

You can only imagine the pain the team felt. It was hard for them to grasp the truth which was that Luis Mendoza no longer lived. It took YN a long time to even be somewhat understanding of the situation. She loved Luis.

"Hey Luis how are you?" YN said taking a seat on the ground "it's been crazy without you,definitely hard to score goals now since we don't have you flashing by anymore" she laughed

It was true the ducks weren't doing so well when it came to hockey,every game was a constant reminder to them that Mendoza was gone.

"It's hard not seeing you out on the ice anymore Luis. I always-" a sob held YN's words in her throat "I-I always loved seeing you glide through the ice,you always looked so free"

YN cried and she kept crying til she felt someone stand beside her. She looked over and saw Coach Orion.

"Hey kid" he greeted while setting down some white flowers against Luis's gravestone.

"Hey Coach Orion" YN wiped away her tears

"You came to visit him too?" He asked

"Yup"

The two stayed quiet til Orion broke the silence

"Do you miss him?"

"Everyday" YN replied

"Me too. But it makes me feel better to know that he's in a better place now"

They both talked for a while and let everything out and they told story's and memories that they shared with Luis.

"Well I'm thinking it's time for me to go" said Coach Orion "What about you are you hearing home too?"

"yeah in a minute i think I'll just stay here with him a little longer"

"Alright see you tomorrow kiddo" he said before walking away. He didn't go too far before YN stopped him.

"Coach!"

"What's up?"

"d-do you think that we could retire number 22? It just doesn't feel right for anyone else to have it"

"Of course YN"

No matter what #22 belonged to Luis.