Chapter 6

Giyuu grinned. "Haku, you cocky son of a-"

"Hey." Shinobu interrupted, pointing at Tanjiro and the others. "There's kids here."

"Oh." Giyuu chuckled. "Right."

They were facing a colossal 5-storey abandoned building. Giyuu could hear the hooves of the horses which were being moved to the back stables. The stables had so many slots that all of their horses could have their own stable, all to themselves. The front of the building was almost dazzling in a way. The lights inside were on, dozens of slayers were walking in, and if Giyuu didn't know any better, he would assume there was a festival going on.

"It's so huge..." Tanjiro muttered. "Is this an abandoned hotel?"

"Maybe." Giyuu answered.

"Why would they abandon something so... beautiful?" Shinobu asked.

"Bankruptcy, Lack of management..." Giyuu answered. "The modern world is unforgivable."

"That's cruel." Shinobu frowned.

"For them, at least." Giyuu smiled as he walked over to the front entrance.

The lobby had walls of bright red, with a yellow vine pattern sprinkled over it. The lights overhead illuminated the orange wool carpet floor, which was filled with hundreds of slayers shuffling around, trying to find a good room to stay in.

Giyuu pushed through the crowd and reached a huge staircase. He gestured the others to come with him. He looked up, and he saw the stairs extending above his head, almost menacing in nature. He dreaded the bothersome chore of walking up endless flights of stairs, as for most of his life, ladders were the usual style of travelling from one floor to another. Ultimately, though, he decided that being healthy was more important than being comfortable.

"You guys go ahead." Giyuu said to Tanjiro and company. "Pick whatever floor you want. It's free, after all."

They all nodded and walked past him. Tanjiro had a face of wonder on him, marvelling at how huge the place was. Zenitsu walked right beside him, begging Tanjiro to be his roommate, despite Tanjiro already saying yes. Kanao was expressionless. She was like that ever since Aoi and the girls died. And Inosuke... was nowhere to be found.

"Well, so much for his training." Giyuu mumbled.

"Mr. Tomioka!" A voice shouted from behind him. Giyuu turned to the foot of the stairs to see the jolly face of Gordon, with Tsutomu by his side. They were both holding parts of a camera, which looked like it had seen better days.

"May I ask for your permission to briefly record this moment in time, for history's sake?" Gordon asked.

"By all means, Mr. Morrisey." Giyuu smiled. "Film away."

"Many thanks!" Gordon smiled back. He turned to Tsutomu and started setting up his Moy & Bastie camera, while Tsutomu prepared the tripod for it to stand on. One of it's legs was broken, fixed with a roll of tape that was peeling off.

 One of it's legs was broken, fixed with a roll of tape that was peeling off

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.