Chapter 16

"NOOO! NEZUKO-CHAAAAAAN!"

Nezuko's eyes widened as she saw the wisteria-tipped blade that punctured her arm. It split her forearm in an ugly stab wound on her forearm.

"I..." she muttered.

Nezuko slipped under her feet and landed on her side, clutching her arm, which was convulsing uncontrollably. Zenitsu hastily crawled to her, pulling out Shinobu's blade from her arm and trying to stop the shaking. 

"No..." Zenitsu muttered. "No, no, no, no, NO! Don't go like this, Nezuko! Not like this!"

Nezuko grit her teeth, tears welling in her eyes. She knew that, being a demon that drew no human blood, the wisteria wouldn't kill her right away, but she could still feel that her strength was quickly fading. It would only take a few more minutes until the wisteria would take her entire body, rendering it motionless, and a little more until it would take her life.

"Nezuko! Don't... don't..." Zenitsu said, his eyes tearing up as well.

From behind them, Shinobu, who was previously frozen in horror, snapped back into motion and immediately fiddled around her numerous pouches.

I won't let it happen again...  Shinobu thought, panicking under pressure.  I won't let another innocent demon die from my mistakes! She won't... she won't end up like Rika!

"Weakness..." Akaza slowly shook his head while looking at Nezuko's twitching, struggling, dying body. "Your love has given you WEAKNESS, little one."

Nezuko clutched her shaking hand, but soon felt her body drown in dreadful pain. Shinobu, from behind, finally took out a small vial from one of her pouches, silvery liquid flowing inside. An antidote she had cooked up if ever the hatred of the past were to bite again.

Before she could pour it into one of her needles, however, Akaza stepped up to Zenitsu and violently threw him off of Nezuko, sending him slamming towards the car wreckage nearby. He then slid his hands under Nezuko's back and lifted up her shivering body, carefully shifting her weight from the floor to his arms as not to accidentally drop her.

"Nezuko-chan..." Zenitsu coughed out, struggling back on his feet. Akaza noticed this, starting to make his way to one of the alleyways nearby.

"What are you doing?!" Zenitsu demanded.

"Saving her." Akaza answered. "I know strength when I see strength. I will take him to Muzan for healing. He is not far. It would be a shame to waste such potential on such a pathetic cause."

Zenitsu's eyes widened as he heard this. Realizing Nezuko's morbid fate in Akaza's hands, he took up his blade and rushed straight at the Upper Moon. Upon reaching striking distance, Zenitsu raised his blade, but was stopped by Akaza's kick, which caused his leg to pivot in an ugly position, making him collapse back to the ground.

"Zenitsu..." Nezuko whispered weakly, reaching her hand out to him.

"Hush, child." Akaza whispered to her, turning her away from Zenitsu, who was writhing in the pain of his dislocated leg. "He is of no concern to you now. Because now, you will become a NEW being... a demon of unimaginable power... an Upper Moon."

Nezuko's eyes widened in horror. She tried struggling out of his grasp, grunting as loud as she could, but with her progressively weakening body, her efforts came to no avail.

"Don't resist this." Akaza whispered again. "You do not need that boy anymore. You do not need anyone. There is nothing you can gain from the affections of others. It is a fool's busin-"

Akaza's words were cut off as his right arm exploded, spraying demon blood everywhere. Akaza yelled in shock and dropped Nezuko. He clutched his regenerating hand and looked around to find what had caused this, only to be blinded on his right side.

Tsunami of Dead Tears: Part 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara