Chapter 32

"C'mon, Tsuki!" Tsuka pouted. "Just a single bite!"

Muzan cringed at the sight of the thing she held in her hand. He could feel the air freeze as it neared him.

She was holding a cone of ice cream.

The two of them had just gone on a second date, and so far, they've been enjoying it. Muzan was surprised how calming it was to just talk to her. She was a person that could listen when you would speak, and talk when your mind went blank. She just seemed so genuine with him.

She would ask countless questions about Muzan and his personality, and shockingly, this would make Muzan want to ask some questions as well. All his years of studying people and their behaviors, he had never even took a peek into their emotional identity. He learned that Tsuka was a person who cherished life, no matter who or what it was. She despised executions, she despised abortion, she despised anything that had to do with the taking of someone's life.

She would probably despise the old me. Muzan thought.

But he knew that wasn't true. Tsuka was that kind of person. A person that could love even the most sinful of people.

And he had started to learn a bit more about himself, too. He would never feel scared or concerned about anything for the rest of the day, but as soon as Tsuka was with him, he felt vulnerable. But that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It was like being super protective of your favorite toy and refusing to play with any of your friends, but when your best friend comes along, you have no problem sharing the toy.

He also learned that he could NOT trust Tsuka when it came to foods. Especially after the whole ramen fiasco from last time.

"No way!" Muzan said, cringing away from the ice cream cone. "I know you've got something up your sleeve."

"That was just one time." she said. "You deserved it anyway."

A while ago, as payback for the ramen incident, she ordered the spiciest food on the menu for him without telling him. Unfortunately, with Muzan's demonic abilities, he didn't feel a thing.

This pissed Tsuka off.

So now, she was trying every tactic in the book to try and make him look like as much of a buffoon as possible. She tried this by making Muzan eat a sauce-filled pastry, letting the cream spread to his cheeks and make him look stupid, then convincing him that one of the customers was actually a waiter. Since Muzan completely ran out of tissues to clean his mouth, he ended up asking the 'waiter' for more tissues.

Needless to say, this didn't go well with the customer.

After a very awkward fight where Muzan tried his very best not to hurt the customer, they were finally asked to leave the restaurant. However, their growling stomachs didn't permit them to end the evening without satisfying their hunger.

And what was Tsuka's solution? Whipped cream on a cone. At least, that's what Muzan assumed it was.

"This is just another trick of yours, isn't it?" Muzan said. "That looks less like a snack, more like a garden ornament."

Tsuka laughed out loud, then brought the ice cream to her mouth and bit a chunk off. She chewed the soft mixture around her mouth while Muzan watched with suspicion.

Finally, Tsuka gulped the ice cream down and smiled with her teeth out. "See! Nothing to be suspicious about."

Muzan raised an eyebrow for a moment, then cautiously obliged, taking the ice cream cone from Tsuka and opened his mouth, bracing himself. His tongue came in contact with the cream.