CH8. Jailed

4th February, 2017.

MDC Brooklyn,

New York City, America.

Hell.

A word that stands for the one place no one wants to go in the afterlife.

In this world however, some people yearned to be there. Sick isn't it?

Hell is the right word to describe a prison though—That Rabia could testify to.

10 years. 10 years of being stuck in hell on earth—one would think that she's used to it already, but no one can ever get used to prison. It's like getting used to being in hell.

"Williams is out of the black room" A woman said as she slid into a table of four. She rubbed her two hands together before she reached out and picked up a card from the one the others are playing to join them. The sleeves of her orange shirt rolled up to her elbow revealing a scar that runs from her palm up to where the eyes cannot see due to the sleeves covering it up.

Two amongst the three others that were playing card before she came, looked up, a surprised expression masking their features—the game, long forgotten due to the news. "Already?" One of them asked, her brows furrowed. Due to the surprise, her voice rose slightly making the one beside her glare at her—a warning to keep her voice low.

The woman that brought the news nodded.

"She's only been there for three days!" The same woman exclaimed.

The one that brought the news sighed, before she shrugged, "I guess they figured that she didn't need a timeout anymore"

The one that hit the one that spoke up the first time rolled her eyes. Angrily, she slammed the cards on the table, "As if! If it was one of us, I'm sure they'll make us rot in there for a week. If not, a month!"

"This is unfair" Commented the woman that was hit. She slumped back on her seat, her lips puckered.

The two women glared at her, "You know for someone who has been here for four years, you sure are acting like a rookie"

"I don't see why y'all are taken aback by this" The only one amongst them who hasn't spoken since the beginning said, her voice came out bored as she continued to play the game that the other two had abandoned due to the news. She checked the number on her card and looked up at the other two, one of her brows raised, "We black, she's not. There's the difference" She pointed out, as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

The other three nodded. The one with the scar on her hand leaned on the table, her two hands placed on it as she looked at the one who spoke up once, "You're most familiar to this amongst us all Rabia. You've been here the longest"