CH31. Ally Or Enemie

Mubarak pulled the chair back before sitting on it

Mubarak pulled the chair back before sitting on it. He crossed his legs and leaned back, "Rahma Turaki..." He smiled, though it didn't meet his eyes. "...to what do I owe this pleasure of meeting you?"

She crossed her legs too, mirroring his actions. "I need your help"

He stared at her for a while, not uttering a word. She knew he was trying to spot any hint of the kind of help she wants. "My help?" He asked, chuckling lowly. "Why do I have a feeling that it's not an ordinary help"

She shrugged.

"Okay then..." He muttered, sitting up straight, hands placed on the table between them intertwined. "Tell me, what kind of help do you want from me?"

She stopped tapping her hand on the table, moving it to rest on her thighs. "I need you to help me put Maria, Noah's mother, behind bars" Though the words she uttered were grave, her tone and posture exude calmness.

For a minute he didn't say anything to her. He simply stared. Lips set into a tight line and brows drawn in slightly in thought. When the gears in his head stopped turning and he realized that she actually being serious, he laughed. "Do you even know what you're saying Rahma?"

She didn't find his words humorous, not his actions so she maintained her stoic expression.

He stopped laughing, seeing as she had no intentions on taking back her words. He scoffed, resting his chin on his fist, "Tell me then, why should I help you?"

"Because it's the right thing to do"

He scoffed again, laughing the minute the words left her mouth. "Right thing to do?" He repeated. "Noah is my friend; why should I betray him?"

She smirked, the only visible expression he got out of her since he arrived, "Friends?" She snickered. "You can pretend and fool everyone Mubarak but you can't fool me. Are they really your friends? Is that why you lied to them?"

His calm façade didn't waver, not did his smile. "I don't know what you're talking about"

She nodded slowly, lips puckered a bit. "You leave me no choice then" She sighed, pulling out the envelop she brought with her.

He calmly watched her slip her hand into the envelop and pull a paper out. He slouched back on the chair, humming lightly as her eyes skimmed the paper. He didn't care one bit about what she has on there. She can have information about everything involving him and he wouldn't care.

Or so he thought.

"Mubarak Saraki..." She started, eyes not moving away from the paper. "You put on quite a show if I have to say so myself. You convinced your 'friends' that you are a detective when you're really..." She flicked her eyes up to meet his, lips tilting down a bit seeing the smile on his face still intact. "...an intelligence officer"