PART 5-CH22. You

"What is this?" Rabia asked, tasking a spoonful of the heavenly cold tasting delight again

"What is this?" Rabia asked, tasking a spoonful of the heavenly cold tasting delight again. She doesn't think her taste buds will ever get used to that. She'd never had anything like it before. They just had dinner and Maria had just given them the ice cream she promised. That was the next day after she arrived in America.

"Ice cream" Noah corrected, placing the wooden spoon of his into the tub.

She whipped her head to look at him, her brows drew in, "Huh?"

"That" He pointed to the tub in her hand, "...is called an ice cream"

"Ans krim" She repeated, licking the wooden spoon clean before dipping it back in the tub to fill it up again.

Noah chuckled at her pronunciation, "It's ice cream" he corrected, "How old are you? Seven?"

Rabia turned around to glare at him with everything she had. "I'm twelve! We're the same age"

"You're dumb" He teased, leaning back on the couch, "I'm older than you. I'm fifteen"

"Fifteen?" She asked, taken aback. She didn't know why but she always thought that they're age mates, maybe because they are about the same height, and because he doesn't speak a lot. She had spent the entire day with him and it wasn't as bad as she thought it'd be because he was slowly warming up to her. Now, they're at the level where they tease each other and laugh.

That's a huge improvement from the passive response she got from him last night when they arrived.

He shrugged, "Yes. That makes me your elder brother now"

"I've never had an elder brother before, or any sibling to begin with" She played around with the ice cream, the thought of never having a sibling slowly dampening her mood. She never cared before since she had Rahma. However, due to the circumstance she is, she couldn't think of anything relating to the girl without feeling sad and blaming herself for the loss. That, coupled with the lack of sibling dampened her mood beyond words.

Noah smiled slightly, not noting her sudden change of expression. Or maybe he did, and decided to just ignore it. "Me neither" His voice dropped as his eyes held a distant look. Perhaps, reminiscing a painful memory. He suddenly shook his head, a small grin on his face as he looked at his new sister, "But we have each other now, and that makes us siblings"

She nodded in agreement, a full blown grin masking her features as she cheered a bit, "I have a brother!"

He just chuckled, amused by her response.

She turned around to face him, pushing her half eaten tub of chocolate ice cream to him.

He raised a brow, "What?"

"I'm sharing my ice cream with you since you're my brother. I heard somewhere that siblings share things, right?"

He smiled, and for the first time in a long time he's actually grateful for his father's decision in adopting her. He had always yearned for a sibling, and having one at the moment felt surreal. He picked up his tub and pushed it towards her, "Then we're sharing mine too. Like siblings do"