Facts About Veiled

Assalamu alaikum everyone!

Veiled has finally ended! Alhamdullilah.

I know I rushed updating the last chapter but...oh well! I'm sure y'all enjoyed reading updates up and down. I hope you really did enjoy it because my next book won't have that kind of update schedule.

~Veiled is a combination of so many books that I'm too lazy to write individually.

Originally, Veiled is supposed to be a romance novel but guy...my brain isn't for romance this year. If you read all the books I published this year, you can tell.

However, the main story plot, the original plot I planned...I don't know if you remember this boy that was in chapter 2, the one that was accused of ruining the society but then it turns out he's just a kid suffering too. Now that boy is supposed to be the main male character. He was supposed to be adopted by one nice politician like that and in the future, when Rabia leaves her village, she'll meet him again when she's much older. I had no idea what would happen in between that, but I knew that's my main idea.

The second plot, well, I don't know if it's much of a plot but all I knew was that I wanted to write a book about a character that was wrongfully accused and sent to prison in a foreign country. Plus, I wanted the character to be black so the character would face racism in jail. That was the only idea I had, I didn't know what would happen in between or after either.

That goes for the others bits of plots in the book that I knew would take me long to write if they would all be individual books.

So, as per the lazy writer I am, I just merged the plots I can to make it one big books with lots of plot twists. Personally. I believe I've tried. Wait, scratch that, I've done a good job, I'm sure of that.

~The beginning of the book wasn't originally the one I wrote.

I started this book about a year ago, and I've written the first chapter since then. I didn't exactly write the full chapter, but I've started it. However, before I could finish, I had to leave for hostel and obviously I couldn't take my laptop with me there so I couldn't continue where I stopped.

The hostel I attended back then was only for a short period, but I used the time there to start a couple of books out of boredom.

I remember starting this book during night prep. I was supposed to be reading but my lazy self didn't want that. So I started scribbling this book down amidst my Geography note to pass time.

Anty Maryama's character was inspired by a friend of mine who I wanted to tease by making her a bad person in my book and Rabia was named after my roommate and the one person who disturbed me so much back then to sit and continue writing this book.

When I came back home, I already had about four or was it five chapters of this book? I am not sure sha, but I remember naming the book 'Behind a smile' back then, and then changed it to 'The Journey of a Thousand Miles' seeing as the second name was the original name of the book.

I didn't see the use of continuing the original one I started back home because that book and this one were completely different (the beginning that is) So I left that one and continued this instead.

~I ditched this book for Dear Kulsum.

I started this book way before I had the idea for Dear Kulsum and Stars Align too to be honest, but I didn't exactly have it in me to write this so I kept ditching this book, till February this year when aishatu_xx motivated me to continue writing it. So, I sat myself down and continued writing this. It took ten months since I started and completed it but I'd like to believe it's worth it.