Mop stick

Aneeqa.

I groaned in satisfaction as the heavenly taste of Chapman, Oreos and gummy bears ice cream hit my taste buds. It was what I needed to wipe away the pains from training for a week with Lyrik.

That guy had to be immortal!

"This. Is. Heaven."

"Yeah, we get it. Now, back to earth." Kim snapped her fingers in my face. "The prom is in a few weeks and I don't know if I'm going with Oliver or not."

Fun fact. My school thinks like an ostrich. We're on summer vacation but they want to hold a prom anyway. Even funnier fact, we're graduating at the beginning of a new session. As in, September, Autumn. Like, isn't that supposed to happen before our summer break?

I stopped putting spoons of ice cream in my mouth to listen to her.

"We're not done analyzing this issue. You went mute and then hung up on our conversation the other day, remember?" She said and I smiled sheepishly, remembering the whole drama that day.

"And Theo isn't even listening." She whined, smacking Theo on the shoulder.

"Hey, who said I wasn't listening?" Theo said, looking up from his phone.

"What was the last sentence I made?"

"What was the last sentence I made." Theo answered, being technically correct about the last sentence she made.

She just rolled her eyes at him.

"The thing is, it's your decision, actually, but I won't advice you to go back to him. He's a fucking choad." I said casually.

Eeek! Lyrik is already rubbing off on me with just a few days of seeing him.

Both Theo and Kimberly looked at me, a bit shocked by my use of language.

Even I surprised myself.

"You get my point." I said, waving a hand dismissively.

"Yes. And I think it's best to give him a second chance. Everyone deserves a second chance right, I mean, everyone can be nice on the inside."

Yeah. Everyone except Lyrik. I've never met anyone so ruthless.

"If you think it's right. Just go for it. I just hope you're not making a wrong decision." Theo said, taking his airpods out of his ears.

No kidding, he actually was listening.

"Wow, Theo. That's the most reasonable thing you've said since....ever." I said jokingly and he made a face at me.

"Thanks, you guys. I have to get going. I want to pick up a dress early enough. You know, just in case." She said, getting up.

She said her goodbyes and left Theo and I in the ice cream parlor.

"Who are you going with?" He asked me as soon as she left.

"I don't know. Who are you going with?" I asked dumbly, forgetting he has a girlfriend.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry." I said quickly. "I forgot about Asia." I stated, but his expression fell and I knew something was wrong.

It's best friend telepathy.

"What's wrong?"

"Uhm...." He trailed off while I watched him expectantly. "Asia and I, I don't know, we're not really working out."

"What do you mean? You guys are so cute together."

His brown eyes met mine before he spoke up.

"She's starting to keep to herself lately and kind of draw away. Sometimes, she just wants to be alone and I totally get that but then sometimes it's really complicated. We're still together but most of the time, I feel like we're not. You feel me? And I'm sooo void on what to do about it– and why the hell are you smiling?"