Promises and Swears

Aneeqa.

Everyone was moody and quiet in the Marley's resident.

Two hours ago, Jaxon picked us up from Alexander's HQ where Kyan had kicked the bucket.

I had stopped weeping but when the medical department carried him into the ambulance, I felt the tears threaten to fall all over again.

"I'm so sorry, everything had to end this way." Sydney said as I packed up my gloves and mask. We were going back to Nova Scotia.

"I didn't know Kyan much but he sure seemed like a positive vibe."

She was right. Infact, Kyan was more than a positive vibe. He was always known for his optimistic nature. He always saw a way out of every situation even if all hopes were lost.

"I'm really gonna miss you guys." Sydney said and I pulled her into a friendly and tight embrace.

"I'm gonna miss you too." I said, trying to get past the sting in my eyes, before pulling away.

"My dad's probably waiting for you, outside." Sydney said and we made our way out of her room.

"Tevette, Aneeqa, I need to talk to you both." Jaxon said, the minute he saw me.

He pulled Lyrik and I to a corner in the living room.

"Look, I know how hard and difficult this is to take in. Kyan was a basic part of every single one of us.....But, you guys have to cope and learn to adjust." He paused and exchanged glances from me to Lyrik with sympathy in his eyes. He was clearly also shook by kyan's death.

"You guys think I want this? I'm just as broken as you both are..." He paused again and I took note of the pain in his voice.

The pain that we all shared.

"but you definitely can't wish that you were the one to die. We all love Kyan but we have to understand that everything happens for a reason." Jaxon said and I hesitantly nodded in understanding.

Meanwhile, Lyrik just stared at him with a death glare but we knew that that's how his eyes naturally are and he wasn't giving the death glare intentionally.

"Tevette-"

"Leave me alone." Lyrik said, interrupting Jaxon as he walked out of the living room.

Jaxon heaved a sigh before rubbing his eyes and turning to me. "He is definitely not handling this well."

I nodded in agreement.

"You need to pull him together. You're like the only one he'll listen to and he definitely can't go back to the way he was five years ago." He said and left.

I was about to ask what he meant but he already left so I just added it to the mental list of things I needed to ask and know about Lyrik.

Like the fact that I never knew he was an orphan.

I have a lot of questions to ask Lyrik but now was definitely not the best time.

Jaxon had a point though. No one has control over death and everything happens for a reason.

We just have to accept things the way they turned out.

After all, our dead are never dead to us until we forgot them, which is never going to happen with kyan.

Kyan will never be forgotten.

*~*

We arrived at Nova Scotia and in Xely, four hours, thirty minutes later. The ride was so gloomy and quiet, I slept off thrice.